Options

Can't accept payments

NateNate Member Posts: 3

I'm trying to set up payment processing in my "test" account, but keep getting hte message: "Wave Payments cannot be turned on at this time. Please contact support to get additional help."

Contact just brings me to a general questions page that's not providing any assistance or answers.

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Nate! Thanks for reaching out, this is definitely a tricky one! From what I'm seeing here, it's looking like that's something that might be worth digging into further! I'd recommend reaching out to our Support team by clicking that 'Help' button in the lower left corner of your Wave business.

• Options
    NateNate Member Posts: 3

Thanks Connor.

I went back in the following day and it was working and allowed me to set up "checkouts". May have just been a factor of waiting for the process to complete.

• Options
    hessahessa Member Posts: 3

@nate I'm having the same problem how did you resolve this?

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @hessa , it looks like we had a brief outage with Bank Payments specifically. Can you let us know if by chance the issue you're having was affected by this? If not, we'd be happy to help you troubleshoot if you can provide us with more details around what you're seeing.

• Options

@AlexL I'm trying to set up payment processing i keep getting the message: "Wave Payments cannot be turned on at this time. Please contact support to get additional help."
    on the left side under sales i don't have the option to click payment. and I haven't set up my banking yet.

edited December 21, 2020
  • Options

Hey @hessa , it looks like your business is located in the US but your business currency is CAD. You have to have your business currency matching your business location to process with Wave Payments. So either US/USD or Canada/CAD. This is the issue you're running into with payment processing.

To fix this, please create a new business with the appropriate business currency.

edited December 21, 2020
  • Options

@AlexL ok thanks i will fix it and see what happens. is it possible to change the invoice address to the billing address without any blockage of accepting payments?

edited December 21, 2020
  • Options

@hessa I'm not understanding your question. Where is the billing address located and where is the invoice address located? Let me know.

• Options
    Maria_GonzalesMaria_Gonzales Member Posts: 2

You don't have permission to view this page.
    If you are a guest collaborator, contact the Wave user and ask for increased permission.

what do i do?
    i own the account and verified my email and made sure to update all my info
    I can not accept payments or turn on wave payments why?

• Options
    Maria_GonzalesMaria_Gonzales Member Posts: 2

The sales tab doesn't appear in my account??

• Options

Hey @Maria_Gonzales , it looks like you only have a Personal account associated to your account which is intended to house personal expenses and income. If you want to set up a Payments account, you'll have to add a new business to your Wave account. Check out our Help Center article on how to add a new business to your Wave account.

• Options
    KevinMKevinM Member Posts: 4

It's been over a week and I still can't set up a payments account. I get the following message "Your Wave Payments account cannot be turned on at this time." I also cannot access direct support. Please help.