Options

Bank Account Connections

LoraineLoraine Member Posts: 2

I was previously connected to my RBC bank and credit card accounts. I had to change the sign-in and password identification at RBC. When I logged onto Wave I received notification it could no longer connect to these accounts and was instructed to reconnect them. I have not been successful when trying to reconnect with the updated bank log-in information. I have made several attempts and assume I am now locked out. Can you please advise. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    InnerSageInnerSage Member Posts: 3

did you get an answer to this? I am in the same boat after changing my bank password and can't re-connect to the account through wave.

• Options
    LoraineLoraine Member Posts: 2

I didn't get an answer but I did resolve it. I deleted the bank accounts and then reconnected them and it worked fine. The data from your original bank connection does not get deleted and you can choose the date you want the downloads to start on the reconnect.

• Options
    DWCDWC Member Posts: 4

Rowing with @InnerSage and @Loraine in the same boat. Have a new password for an already-connected account in Wave and can't find where to enter the new password. The help bot gave a solution that doesn't exist (click "Reconnect," but it wasn't there). Support ticket submitted. Deleting and reconnecting the account seems like a lot to do/potentially troublesome just to update a password.

@AlexL and @EmmaP, you post helpful stuff on here a lot - how do we update a banking password?

edited May 6, 2020
  • Options
    InnerSageInnerSage Member Posts: 3

Is it telling you to re-connect your bank? I ended up disconnecting my bank, and then re-connecting it with the new log in and password which worked and did not delete my previous transactions... but if you do this, make sure you pick the right upload date when it prompts you (from where it last left off) and double check the transactions. I contacted customer service directly who got back to me within the week with this recommendation.

• Options

Yes, the bot told me to reconnect the bank account. But there is no link/button to do it - no "Reconnect" button. The remedy provided to you and others by Wave is surprising to me. There are many potential problems involved with that solution and all we're trying to do is update a password. Still, thank you for the suggestion @InnerSage

• Options
    VazgenVazgen Member Posts: 1

Hello,
    I just connected to Wave and wanted to add my business acct that is linked to my other acts. i wish for the rest of the acts to remain private. me and my partner have access to wave, and i do not wish for my personal and other business acts have the ability being added. please advise asap

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey there @DWC! To clarify, yes, the current remedy is the one that @InnerSage has presented. While there is no specific reconnect button, the option to delete the connection and re-add it is typically one that will allow you to enter the new log in. Additionally, the imported transactions will not be removed, so when you reconnect the account, you can select the import date based off of the last imported transaction so that they are not duplicated in the event that you have already imported transactions. In terms of the language, I'll be sure to connect with the team that is responsible for making sure that the instructions that our Wave Bot (Mave) supplies is slightly more clear, so thank you for your feedback on that!

@Vazgen It sounds like you have 2 businesses that operate separately and you are hoping to keep certain accounts private and not imported into Wave. If the accounts don't apply to the business that you are running, you should have the option to not import them into Wave. Though the connection will offer all of the applicable accounts when you connect your financial institution to Wave, for the ones that are not necessary, you should be able to stop imports. I'm afraid that fully removing the unused accounts from Wave altogether is not currently possible, as we use a third party to host the feature in Wave.

As a note, the bank connection integration as a whole is very individualized to the specific connection and often requires Wave to do some further digging to understand the issue. If you are using Wave's Bank Connections and require help, I'd encourage you to reach out to our Support Team through our email ticket form (found in all of our Bank Connection Help Center articles) so that they can do some further investigation.

• Options

Thanks @JordanD. I deleted the account, set it up again, and it worked for a few weeks.

But beginning in late May 2020, transactions stopped importing, and no balances appear on the Dashboard or Connected Accounts pages. I tried the help bot again, and it told me to Reconnect the account. But there is no button or link (same as my experience on May 6, 2020).

I toggled the "Automatically Import Transactions" button (turned off, then turned back on) and chose the import date. No transactions imported and there are still no balances on the Dashboard or Connected Accounts pages. The account credentials have not changed.

What do I have to do to make the bank import work? Is the answer to delete the account connection and set it up again? If so, why? (Nothing changed and I'm trying to understand the problem here).

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @DWC

Just wondering which bank you're with? The bank might be experiencing some degradation so if you wouldn't mind sharing a bit of info on the bank, the account types, and perhaps if you'd like to share a screenshot of any of the errors you're seeing on the connected accounts page?

Thanks so much!

• Options

Hi @BarsinA, thanks for your reply. I sent you a DM.

• Options
    JimHJimH Member Posts: 27

This never goes away for me. It might work for a week or two, then just stops importing again. It's in a semi-constant state of being broken. It seems clear to me that Wave has problems with all Canadian banks, as this is a common problem across all of them. After years with Wave, I can no longer avoid having to switch to a paid accounting program. This last overhaul they did messed up the connections to my bank to the point that the program is unusable.

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @JimH, thanks for reaching out here. I can see that you'd also reached out to our Support Team via email, and that they have escalated this to our banking partners for review. I certainly hope you can continue to work together to find a solution for this situation.

• Options
    JimHJimH Member Posts: 27

Still no connection to my bank since June 3.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @JimH

Typically what happens is that your bank may make regular frequent security updates to their website or their back end API. When this happens, our third party banking aggregator loses the connection and may need to establish a new one. You can imagine with thousands of banks making these updates our third party aggregator has a bit of a difficult time keeping up.

We have already sent the institution the need for an update, and are waiting on this to be fixed. At this present time I apologize I don't have an ETA for when that will be, but you should know that our team is working diligently to get this connection sorted out. Thanks so much for your patience.