Support for PEPPOL e-Invoicing

_mk_mk Member Posts: 2

Hi,
Does WAVE support PEPPOL e-invoicing framework/network (International PEPPOL (Pan European Public Procurement On-Line) network).

If so, is there a guide on how to use it.

Details about eInvoicing - https://www.imda.gov.sg/-/media/Imda/Files/Programme/Nationwide-E-Invoicing-Framework/E-Invoicing-Infosheet.pdf

Thanks,
Manish

Comments

• wearecruxlabswearecruxlabs Member Posts: 4

+1 - please advise if waveapps is already PEPPOL compliant.

Most folks using waveapps in Singapore will be asking this question due to a recent government regulatory advisory to use PEPPOL compliant e-invoicing platforms especially when dealing with government.

• QaisEQaisE Member Posts: 72 admin

Hi @_mk & @wearecruxlabs, thank you for brining this to our attention. From my understanding from the PEPPOL guidelines, they are mostly centered around the purchase-to-pay process between governments and suppliers. I cannot really speak to Wave's invoicing/payment compliance agreement, but I can share with you our Terms of Services which could help on the subject. If we did comply to a certain format, I believe it would be a North American standard as we only process payments in North America. I hope this helps explains our side of things! If you still have further questions, please feel free to reply!

• wearecruxlabswearecruxlabs Member Posts: 4
    Hi @qaise. Thanks for your response. SG govt is largely standardizing eInvoicing based on peppol standard. On re reading the proposal, it seems the idea is to make SG free of paper invoices and completely electronic. Not just for govt but for businesses too. It has not included any standard for payment as part of that process. So if waveapps generates invoices that are also peppol compliant then wave invoices (which are already electronic) can continue to receive payments via stripe as at present. I know the focus on NA, but if you guys can explore the SG opportunity and if sizable volume then please consider this compliance coz I would hate to leave waveapps for this compliance reasom. Your interfaces and model is great and I would like you to be more prevalent in an organized and high transaction market like SG, which is also the South East Asia hub, hence, waveapps has high potential for adoption. Thx.
    edited April 29, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @wearecruxlabs

Thanks so much for this additional context, we appreciate your voice on behalf of our other overseas users. As Qais mentioned we don't have an ETA as to whether this would be implemented in our system at the moment but your contributions are always welcome.

• Lindayz_78Lindayz_78 Member Posts: 1

Hi Admin, adding on to this topic. I enjoyed using wave app for our accounting purpose. And it seems like Wave App is all ready with cloud based, e-invoicing, credit notes etc which is suitable for Peppol Ready requirement by IMDA. Maybe you can consider to register as a PEPPOL Ready service provider as per link below.

https://www.imda.gov.sg/programme-listing/nationwide-e-invoicing-framework/Becoming-a-Peppol-Ready-Service-Provider

This will ready be helpful to us. Thank you.

• MaxxtotalMaxxtotal Member Posts: 1

hey @BarsinA / Admin

Perhaps to give a broader context and use case for your product development, PEPPOL is not a Singapore only standard. It started adoption in European Union and also Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. So we are talking about huge International user adoption potential - though I understand any such development will play second fiddle to the American market.
    But please take a look and perhaps pin it up as one of the product features priority considerations.
    here's https://peppol.eu/what-is-peppol/

The context of this use case is to facilitate seamless EDI between platforms. Case in point.
    I have 2 Wave app accounts for 2 different companies. When I send invoice from Company A to Company B via Wave, the data doesnt automatically translate to a 'Bill' in Company B. I have to manually enter the invoice details from Company A to Bill in Company B. It's completely unnecessary but that is the current state of affairs now.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Maxxtotal , thanks for taking the time to provide this great context and feedback here. I'll be sure to add this to the team's context for feedback consideration on possible future feature ideas. Thanks again!

• tingshentingshen Member Posts: 1

hey guys, I'm actually working on the peppol standard, and this will change the way in the accounting industry. I'm a waveapp user myself and i have many merchants who needs a better accounting system tha Xero, easier to use, free to use too.

Let me sort out the details and probably we form a facebook group. Once this is available, we will open up to you guys to use!

I know many of you are from Singapore, me too!