Having trouble accepting payments

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

Comments

• tfj3502tfj3502 Member Posts: 1

My business supplies automotive and industrial supplies. Unfortunately a lot of the industry is shut down or struggling to find ways to stay open. Most of my customers are in semi-truck related items so a lot as come to a halt. I have had a number of customers in factory settings reach out for hand sanitizer and protective equipment for their employees.
    I purchased and shipped my first set of masks to one of my customers so that he could open his factory and pay his workers (they produce canned goods).

Then Wave shut down my payment capabilities, without any notice and without even asking me. Wave then sent me an email asking for 11 different questions to be answered in order to OPEN MY BUSINESS BACK UP.
    My favorite: (4) Please send any emails, text messages, or other correspondences with your client ______
    As if it isnt hard enough for me to keep business as usual my payment capabilities are stopped by Wave, without notice or a phone support, and I have to dig up my emails, text messages and other correspondences with my client?

Now I have validated 2 separate suppliers of medical grade hand sanitizers. I have multiple customers asking for this. Yet I am afraid that Wave will shut down my business without even consulting me - CONSIDER THIS I AM AFRAID TO SUPPORT MY CUSTOMERS WITH THE PRODUCTS THEY NEED BECAUSE OF WAVE. I have asked on multiple occasions (chat support and account support) for Wave to at least tell me what I can show them in advance to help avoid this. I am trying to work with Wave proactively to submit any documentation etc so that my business is not universally stopped without notice and I am still unable to get an answer from Wave (this is after a week of emails and support conversations.) I still have product and customers but I can't move forward because I can't even get a straight response on this question from Wave. I am paraphrasing but "well maybe will might shut you down, I guess it depends" is more or less the guidance I am getting.

I am glad you asked!! > @CamilleB_09 said:

With our world impacted by the spread of the coronavirus, we've all had to adapt to change. We're looking to our community of small business owners to find those who have completely pivoted or in some way reimagined their business model in response to COVID-19. Whether you're consulting other entrepreneurs on navigating through these tough times, creating hand sanitizer or masks, or decided to take this time to change your business model - we want to hear from you!

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @tfj3502. Thanks for reaching out here and contextualizing your experience with regards to the current pandemic. Within the current environment, we've unfortunately been seeing a large increase in people who have been using our payments software as a conduit for fraudulent/exploitative practices. As a result of this, we've needed to be more strict with regards to what is processed within Wave Payments. That strictness isn't something that we can give you a definitive 'yes' or 'no' on, as it depends on your usage of the platform. If there's a change in the payment processing behaviour in your account, then my Account Management team will need to reach out to verify.

I can see that my team had mentioned in their email to you the following:

"...However, what I can proactively do for you is, I can add a note to your account to ensure we give you a call if this happens in the future so that we can resolve our concerns same day and provide a better explanation. This should avoid any delay in your payment processing."

I hope that this helps with your present frustrations, and if you have further concerns around this particular situation, I'd recommend reaching back out to the open email you have with my Account Management team.