Can't apply discount over a certain amount

PicobitsPicobits Member Posts: 2

I am trying to add a discount to an invoice. I have created a new "product", and applied a count of 1 to that product with a discount of -4125.00, but I get an error that the invoice cannot be approved when I try to approve it. I removed the discount and was able to approve the draft.

I'm still trying to edit the invoice to add the discount before sending:

It works only if the discount is less than or equal to -1312.50. As soon as I enter an amount -1313.51 or larger, I can't save the invoice. Please help.

Edited to add:

I have even tried breaking the discount down by changing the unit number to multiply the item discount. (So -33 units by 125.00 or 33 units by -125.00.) It appears the issue is with the actual total discounted.

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Picobits . Would the discount cause your invoice to go into the negatives by chance? If not, please send us a screenshot of what your invoice looks like while trying to discount. Thanks!

edited May 8, 2020
  • PicobitsPicobits Member Posts: 2

No, it is not negative. It appears to only happen with foreign currency invoices.

I have engaged support on this issue and have an open ticket.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@Picobits I see someone on our team is looking into the error for you. Thanks for clarifying and we'll let you know as soon as we hear back from our development team!