Customers don’t receive emails

Eugene_obriyEugene_obriy Member Posts: 1
Hi. Just registered account recently. 2 invoices have been sent by email but none of them received by customers while I got my copies . Spam was checked also.

Thanks for assistance

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Eugene_obriy

My apologies for the delay in responding as we are currently dealing with a backlog in our community!

So typically what happens is that when you send an invoice through Wave, it is sent through our internal server with the email mailer@waveapps.com. Often times some businesses or client's servers might have a blocker for this type of email. Currently I'm not seeing any issues with your email on our server so I'm wondering if you can try a few more tests:

1. Try sending the invoice to yourself, not as a copy to yourself, but direct it to you. See if you receive this.
    2. Ask your client to see if they can whitelist waveapps.com on their email server side.
    3. Have you looked into our other methods of sending an invoice within Wave while still being able to track the accounting behind it?

Exporting as PDF

Sending Through Email

Sending a Link to Invoice

Let us know if this helps!

• LPHLPH Member Posts: 1

I am having problems with emails. I can’t send, I can’t receive or copy. I think it needs resetting by a moderator. Please can someone take a look. It did all work perfectly until beginning of last week. Thanks

Hey there @LPH

I took a look at the email you're reaching out from in the community and I'm not seeing that it is being blocked by our server at the moment. Would you happen to be on a network with a potential firewall that is blocking waveapps.com? Are you able to reach out to your IT team or whitelist waveapps.com?

Let us know!

P.S if you haven't checked your junk or spam folders please do!

• MarjMarj Member Posts: 7
    I invoice 200 customers each month and am discovering that some of them are not receiving my emails sent through Wave. I have resorted to printing the invoices and mailing them if customers owe for more than 2 months. I couldn’t possibly call each one every month to verify they received the email. Another person in the company also sends information to the same customers each month without any issues. The customers are frustrated and tell me they have checked their junk mailboxes. Nothing is there.

1- Why are some customers not receiving my emails?
    2- If the emails are sent from my email address, why don’t they show up in my sent file?

Hey there @Marj

When it comes to sending invoices through Wave, we use an internal mailing server under the name mailer@waveapps.com. Some businesses who use their own server may block emails from this host. This would need to be cleared up through your clients server. Essentially they need to "whitelist" waveapps.com to receive emails from our server.

Some offices or businesses may also have firewalls setup to block emails that have payments system setup as a method of blocking spam or phishing requests.

I understand this is a difficult thing to diagnose since it's case by case and I do apologize about that, however it will likely need to be fixed on your client's end.

Do you have the same issue when you download a PDF and try to attach it to an email that you send through your personal account?

• MarjMarj Member Posts: 7

Thank you, Barsin. In the past, I did not have issues with a PDF reaching my customers. We had only a few customers who received their invoices by email however. Now we are trying to get the majority to accept their invoices by email. I am going to use the PDF option with Wave next month. I don't have a list of the customers who are struggling so I'll see if this makes a difference.