How to cancel and reactivate your payroll account

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageHow to cancel and reactivate your payroll account

The cost of Wave Payroll includes a monthly subscription fee. Whether or not you are running payrolls this month, an active payroll account allows you to calculate payrolls, maintain employees, and...

Read the full story here

edited May 3, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• SamuelStevensonSamuelStevenson Member Posts: 5

If we cancel the subscription then do we have to set everything up again once we resume? Or can we pick up where we left off?

• Todd000Todd000 Member Posts: 2

No. It won't let me archive a business. It says I have to deactivate my payroll account but I havent even activated it. Im stuck.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

@SamuelStevenson If you cancel the subscription, all you have to do is re-activate it to start running your payroll again! Of course if you do have any new employees to add you will have to do so, but any pre-existing employees that you had added to the system will be accessible for you to run on the payroll.

@Todd000 can you send a screenshot of the error? Can you confirm that it's not asking you to turn off Payments so you can archive your account, as this is an issue that we've seen before.

• Todd000Todd000 Member Posts: 2

Archive This Business
    Before you can archive this business, you must take the following actions.
    Disconnect your Payments account
    When you’re finished, reload this page to continue archiving this business.

Cancel archiving, I changed my mind

**I did disconnect my payment accts but still get this message. I just renamed them to 'Z" so they would move to the bottom **

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Todd000. Unfortunately what you are experiencing is a known issue that prevents businesses from being archived.
    This is an issue we are aware of and are working to remedy but there is no ETA for a fix. I'm sorry for the inconvenience here.

• HonokaaBobHonokaaBob Member Posts: 6

I have not yet activated payroll; I have not used the services yet. I should not have to pay anything at this point. Thank you.