Updates to employee timesheets

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imageUpdates to employee timesheets

The updated timesheet view gives you more control, allowing you to enter the exact hours for a day or week and ensuring accurate vacation and holiday pay calculations. Here’s what’s changed.
When y...

Read the full story here

edited May 4, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• VijayVijay Member Posts: 8

I would like to change the timesheets to run from Sunday to Saturday to match the CRA and EI weeks. How can I do that please?
    I meant, do the new time sheets allow users to change the start date of the week to Sunday instead of Monday because that is how CRA and EI need the data?

edited May 11, 2020
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hey @Vijay. It sounds as though you are looking to change your payroll pay period start and end dates. For businesses that are setting up their Wave account, you can navigate to Payroll > Payroll Set-up > Pay schedule (under the Business Details section). Here you can adjust the pay schedule.

For Canadian businesses, if you have already run a payroll, you will be unable to change your pay period yourself, as it will likely encroach upon a previous pay period - increasing the change of you double paying your employees for a date that has already been paid. This can cause other issues with ROEs as well. If you find yourself in this situation, due to the complex nature of payroll, you can reach out to our Payroll Support Team through Chat or email and they can take a closer look for you.

• Bob_GBob_G Member Posts: 1

I need to set my pay date to an early time. the calendar will not allow me to set the paydate at an earlier time

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Bob_G , can you give us some more information around the dates you're looking to set it to, and what's happening when you try to set that information?

• roundriverbakingroundriverbaking Member Posts: 1

We really need a good option for employees to log their hours in Wave, or import their hours from Square or another timecard app. It is a bunch of extra work to have to enter those hours myself, rather than just review the numbers they have entered (by whatever safe and reliable means)

• FridayCoffeeFridayCoffee Member Posts: 4

I agree with others who have already posted. Please let employees enter their own hours and then have an admin approve.