Customer Statement says a client still owes 80$ for an invoice, but that invoice WAS PAID via Wave!

LaurenArielleLaurenArielle Member Posts: 3

I have made this simple in 3 photos. The client is a simple case as he only had a few invoices strictly in 2019. Please help! I am trying to file my taxes and this is a nightmare.

**First photo: **customer statement

As you can see in the photo, invoice #673 for 80$ on December 24 2019 has yet to be paid.

Second photo: invoice #673

However, when I click that invoice (clicking it directly from the customer statement), you can see that he paid the invoice 2 days later on December 26, using his banking information through Wave.

**Third photo: **payout to my bank account for that invoice

Furthermore, I can see that Wave successfully deposited that transaction into my business bank account in a payout on December 27th (with a transaction fee of 1$).

Comments

• LaurenArielleLaurenArielle Member Posts: 3

I also double-checked that my bank actually received the payout (it did).

In the "invoices" tab, there are no overdue invoices.

This is a bit of runaround but I found another piece of evidence. If I click on Accounting > Transactions, find a random transaction that was NOT paid by Wave (so the payment was entered manually), then I can edit the "category" for where that payment goes. Within the options of categories, I can see a category called "Outstanding Invoices", and somehow Victor is listed there as the only one outstanding (photo below). Additionally, when I filter the transaction search to try and find Victor's paid 80$, there is NO transaction for that payment (but there are transactions for his other payments on his customer statement).

edited May 10, 2020
  • ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @LaurenArielle! Thanks for reaching out here. I can see that you'd also reached out via email, which our Support Team has escalated to our developers for further review. I'm glad we've been able to get in touch, and I'm looking forward to seeing your issue resolved. We appreciate your patience!