Options

Emailed invoice not received

CanternessCanterness Member Posts: 1

Hope I've found the correct place to ask this question. I recently had the situation where an invoice had been sent, but the customer had not received it. Upon investigation, I found the email address had been entered incorrectly and had "bounced", however I had no notification this had happened. How do I check that an emailed invoice has been received by the customer?

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Canterness , we don't have any sort of notification that will allow you to see if the invoice has bounced I'm afraid. At the moment, the best way to handle this would be to get in touch with your customer to see if the invoice was delivered. Additionally, if you suspect something has gone awry, you can always reach out to Support and we can take a look to see if it has been delivered.

• Options
    mrsdeebeemrsdeebee Member Posts: 1

I have had the same issue. It would seem that this is a concern that needs to be rectified. I have sent 4 reminders to a client and today I was sending her a personal email about the invoice and immediately I was notified from Gmail that it was an invalid email address. I would have known this months ago if a standard "undeliverable" notification had been sent. There should be some kind of way that Wave sends a notification. Unless the client has a particular payment pattern, it's not likely that you will suspect anything's "gone awry." You're going to expect that you haven't gotten paid in a timely fashion. Then we send out reminders to the same address never knowing anything is wrong. Who wants to make a support call to see if an email has been sent? This is a major flaw in my opinion.

• Options
    LuxeLuxe Member Posts: 2

I'm having a situation with a similar issue. I have check the email address entered and it is correct but customer is saying the are not receiving the invoice unless I send it from our email server (Google).

• Options
    LuxeLuxe Member Posts: 2

is there a way to get a report of all reminders sent and the address they were sent to?

• Options
    NancyCNancyC Member Posts: 148 admin

hey @Luxe I'm afraid there isn't a feature in the app that shows the list of reminder emails sent to clients. If your client isn't receiving Wave related emails, this will require further investigation by our support team.

Please submit an email through our chatbot, Mave. When logged into your Wave account, click on the question mark icon on the bottom right hand corner of your Wave account to access Mave to send an email!

edited February 17, 2021