Options

Changing quantity on recurring invoices automatically every month.

ReneeDReneeD Member Posts: 3

We teach Horseback riding and are looking at using Wave for invoicing. For example we have group lessons for $35 a week and invoice the 1st of the month. Some months with have 4 or 5 weeks in them - So the invoice could change from $140 - $175 a month depending how many weeks they had lessons that month.
How to change Quantity to equal the amount Saturdays (day) in a month - Could be 4 or 5
We are trying to use the recurring invoices.

Comments

• Options
    Kristian_GKristian_G Member Posts: 56 admin

Hey @ReneeD!

I'm afraid that when it comes to recurring invoices, all of the individual invoices in the series would need to be the same. In other words, it's not possible to have a dynamic recurring invoice that would automatically update depending on the amount of Saturdays in a month.

What I would recommend doing in cases like this, is setting up a recurring invoice series at the 4 Saturdays per month rate ($140), as this is the more common scenario. Then, when you get to a month with 5 Saturdays, you may pause the recurring invoice series, and create a regular, one-off invoice at the other rate ($175) for that month. Then, when the next month comes around, you can simply unpause the regular $140 recurring invoice series.

I realize that that's not the most ideal situation in the world, but I think that would be the best and least complicated way to handle this scenario.