How do i setup the ACH payment

robbar1robbar1 Member Posts: 3

I have the routing and the acc number of a client . I am renting him a product and he should pay me every month a certain amount . I want to be able to deduct from his account the amount .

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @robbar1

You should be able to add your customer's information under Sales > Customers > Add a new customer and add a new payment method as well

The only issue with this is that you can only manually charge a credit card, not an ACH bank payment unfortunately. This type of access to people's bank accounts is not typically allowed by most major banks. Credit cards are different because of their security reasons such as allowing the client to issue a chargeback.

Where it gets a bit tricky is if you have a client who has a Visa/debit card. These hybrid cards might be able to be processed but it usually depends on the client's bank's security.

• robbar1robbar1 Member Posts: 3

hi
    thank you for the reply .

I don't want to add a cc - I want to draw the funds from their account using ACH .
    I have the customers routing number and the customers account number and the bank that he is running his business on.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @robbar1! Thanks for reaching out here. Unfortunately, that is not something that is possible from your end as a business owner here. You'd need to send your customer an invoice each month in order for them to pay via credit card. Recurring invoices can only be automatically paid for with a credit card.