Options

Invoice Items Sheet Missing - Data Export

ALNQALNQ Member Posts: 3

Hi, I found that previously when I data export the data from Wave, it will show all list including an excel/CSV sheet named "invoice items" but unfortunately lately I try to export again, I only get accounting, bill items, vendors & customers. May I know where I can get back the "Invoice Items". This sheet is very useful if it still exists so I can download it & do in excel to calculate the inventory of quantity. Please advise! Thanks~

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @ALNQ

Recently, Wave made a change to the way that our invoicing software runs. We've updated to a newer, more stable build, which is going to let us roll out updates and perform maintenance on a more consistent basis, with much less worry of downtime. Unfortunately, a side effect of this change is that the Invoices folder will no longer appear in your Account Data Exports. We are working on reimplementing this within the Wave environment, but do not have an ETA of when that might happen. We appreciate your patience in the meantime, and recommend using Wave Connect to acquire that data until the feature is rolled out.

• Options

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to me. The message noted but I hope you can have back the invoice items or products items available download. My objective is to get the products inventory units & it is in the invoice item folder previously. In the Wave Connect it shows no products attached but only invoice total & invoice paid amount. Hope I clarify it.

Thanks so much!

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @ALNQ! Unfortunately those files are not available in those download folders, but our teams are looking into getting this functionality restored in the future. Thank you for your understanding!

• Options

Hi Connor,

Thanks for the update & looking forward from your update!.

• Options
    TAVTAV Member Posts: 1

Is there a timeline on this being added back in. That inventory items list was the only way to easily calculate accurate inventory without doing extra journal transactions on every sale. I cant even fathom my work ahead without that list and will likely just need to consider other software. Not sure why you would think its ok to remove in the first place without an equal or better substitute immediately ready.

• Options
    JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @TAV !

At this time, I'm afraid that the invoice_item.csv file is not currently available via the export. With that being said, you can export your invoicing data by using our Google Sheets add-on, Wave Connect. I hope this helps.

edited May 5, 2021