Upload Batch via google sheet

ReeveReeve Member Posts: 10

Dear. I tried to use google sheet feature to upload the last month invoice, however, there are error mentioned that one sheet allowed to upload one customer only. For example, the whole month use for only CASH, how to upload bulk instead of one by one?

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Reeve! Thanks for reaching out here. I'm sorry to hear about the errors that you're seeing when you'd attempted to upload your last month's invoices. Can you let me know what that error had said? I'd love to try to help as best as I can here!

• ReeveReeve Member Posts: 10
    Wave limited to single transaction. There are error when request to bulk upload. For example, online business, there existing customer or potential new customer, one of the limitation of Google sheets, the upload must seek for the customer ID, the problem is how can the new customer with more than 100 pax and create one by one? After decided to sacrifice customer data, then I tried to fixed one customer ID - called Cash Bill, however the upload sheets don allow to upload same ID continuous. Each transaction must be different customer ID. It look like the whole logic unable to run for a bulk, you cant bulk upload, you cant make a payment with bulk invoice, you can't do inventory opening/closing value for PnL,
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Reeve , it sounds like you may be looking for an accounting and invoicing platform that specializes in larger volume when it comes to customers and invoicing. Even though Wave can support a limitless amount of invoices and customers, there is a cap to its efficiency if you're dealing with hundreds of new customers a month.

edited May 27, 2020
  • SalimSalim Member Posts: 1

hi
    am trying to upload my customer in bulk by using google sheet. all steps are working until i get to upload step it shows that its working but nothing uploaded i kept it overnight , change network and even change the computer but no luck pleas help

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Salim! Sorry to hear about the issues that you're seeing here. How many customers are you trying to upload at once here? Sometimes if the upload is too large, it may stall and not complete, but I'd be interested to get a little more context around what you're seeing here in order to help you as best as I can!

Hi. The system logic require to match with customer ID. However, the customer might be randomly from online trading and always new buyer from the space. Therefore, batch upload is not applicable, due to need to create new customer ID first. However, when the online trading can lump into one customer ID, but the sheets unable to upload same ID at the same time or difference ID. For example, sold 100 order from Amazon, there are always new customer base, not practical to create new ID one by one and there are hundred order wish to key in by single transaction.
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Reeve

I apologize that your use case scenario may be a little confusing to me or perhaps I just don't understand it. Wave connect's customer uploader does not ask you for a customer ID. Each individual customer you upload will be imported separately in Wave.

If you'd like to create an "Amazon" customer to track your Amazon sales you could do that in theory rather than create 100 separate amazon customers.

Let me know if we're on the right track with this advice or whether you could provide a bit more detail.

Hi. The sheet require select or match with the drop down list which registered customer ID, cannot be anonymous or empty. Due to Online trading always have new customers, therefore, that's not practical to register customer ID one by one. Secondly,the sheet unable to upload same ID with more than one invoice by continuous. Please advise any place can email you the screenshot.
  • CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @Reeve , thanks for your message! It sounds like when you first connected Wave Connect, on Step 1 'Prepare Input Sheet', you may have selected 'Unique Customer Account Number' rather than 'Unique Customer Name'.

p

If this is the case, you can click back into Step 1 and change it to customer name instead, and overwrite your data in order to be able to upload with customer name. Either way, you need to be selecting a customer/customer ID which already exists in Wave. So if you are trying to type in the customer ID, it won't work - you'll need to click the field and select an existing customer. If the customer doesn't exist in Wave, you can add them in your Wave account under Sales > Customers.

When you say the sheet isn't able to 'upload same ID with more than one invoice by continuous', would you be able to expand on what you mean? Do you mean that you can't upload different invoices for one customer one after another? This should be possible - Would you be able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing there? The entire screen would be best! You can attach a screenshot by clicking the furthest-right option in the comment editor, which has a little mountain & sun silhouette, to attach a screenshot.

Dear. Refer to the first revert is existed customer, but the problem is online trading with international channel, always having new customers come in, if we want to collect customer data, as your description, we only allowed use the customer dropdown list after registered customer ID via Sales > Customer. However, this is not practical to record the customer data when you have more transaction such as 100 online transaction with 100 difference customers. However, it will be sacrificed the customer data and lump all into one category i.e. cash bill, amazon bill.

Secondly, after decided change all the 100 transaction with one same ID, but the sheets unable to upload in bulk when there are same ID as attached. You will see the ID is same and the sheets unable to upload in bulk when the customer ID are continuous

As captured below, when your ID are not continuous, validate data are in good. Therefore, there a conflict between both scenario, I want to make customer data by upload always new customer, but the platform not allowed which is only restricted registered ID, therefore I was made one ID with all transaction, But this unable to upload in bulk for invoices due to your sheets unable to allow if the ID are continuous.

In conclusion, i did not use the original invoices number now, I will lump one of the period and issue one new invoice as the sales data, but sacrificed the data of inventory transaction. Although your platform do not have inventory features yet, however, this is important to save the data for inventory transaction in future

enclosed is for your reference