Options

Pausing recurring invoices

Steve MyersSteve Myers Member Posts: 1

Is there a way to pause recurring invoices? We have customers currently on a weekly recurring payment via Paypal and when they are going to be out of town we can suspend the payment until they are back. Is there a way do to this in Wave's recurring invoices?

So far the only option I've found is to end the recurring invoice and then re-enter the invoice data again when I want to restart it. I assume there is an easier way that I'm not seeing. Otherwise, I will have to stick with Paypal.

Comments

• Options
    CharlotteCharlotte Member Posts: 671 admin

Hey Steve! There's no 'pause' option but you can choose to end a schedule of recurring invoices and then duplicate it to start it again. You won't need to reenter the invoice details.

• Options
    Timothy PoplaskiTimothy Poplaski Member Posts: 6

Just stumbled on the same problem myself. I see that I can duplicate it. But now I have a dead recurring test invoice that I can't delete.

I also really dislike that I can't delete the test recurring invoice. (If there's a reason for that maybe you could create a "test" invoice mode?)

It'd be a lot easier to just be able to start and stop them. Having to duplicate and reconfirm everything takes significantly longer and requires several steps. It seems to be a needless waste of time.

Maybe something for the future?

• Options
    dalemartindalemartin Member Posts: 1

Have you added a way to pause recurring invoices yet. This would be a nice feature to have. If I end a recurring invoice, does it stay in my recurring invoices dashboard so that I can duplicate it, or do I have to duplicate the invoice prior to ending it? Seems it would be so much easier if you could simply pause the invoice.

edited January 15, 2020
  • Options
    GoBrownieGoBrownie Member Posts: 6
    Has this issue been resolved?

As the coronavirus is impacting our business (we work with schools) I need a way to pause the reoccurring invoices and restart when the schools open back up since we have no idea how long they may be closed.

I have 100s of invoices doing one at a time to stop then to restart will take hours and hours.

Thank you
  • Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Unfortunately, at present, Wave still does not have a way to pause recurring invoices. You will need to stop and re-make those invoices in order to pause the billing during these times. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes you and your business.

• Options
    GrahamWoodsandWavesGrahamWoodsandWaves Member Posts: 2

I agree, a pause option would be a great help and time saver.

Is there at least a way to end all invoices at once/in bulk rather than going through them one-by-one?

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @GrahamWoodsandWaves

Unfortunately there is no bulk action in Wave's recurring invoices feature to end them all. It will need to be done 1 by 1 :(

• Options
    pdscomppdscomp Member Posts: 1

^^^ This would be super-useful, also need to essentially bulk-pause a bunch of recurring invoices :(

• Options
    NicoletteBNicoletteB Member Posts: 122 ✭✭

@pdscomp +1 on the usefulness given the current climate! Thanks for providing the feedback and hopefully our Product team will look into this functionality down the road!

• Options
    YakYak Member Posts: 1

We have been needing a way to pause recurring invoices for years. Some of our clients take the summer off, so we need a way to suspend a recurring invoice, then resume it when they're back to work. We had been letting the invoices generate, then delete them, but that uses up an invoice number. Now with Covid-19, most of our invoices need to be paused, as WE have shut down temporarily. Please add this seemingly simple feature.

• Options
    danstramerdanstramer Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

+1 for this, this is a very important feature for me and my clients.

• Options
    JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@Yak for some further insight, one of the reasons why recurring invoices are not able to be paused is because ones the recurring set is created, the back end will look at the data in the set and auto generate the invoices. In cases like yours, although it is likely more time sensitive, the correct action would be to end the set if you are shutting down temporarily or if your clients are taking the summer off.

• Options
    CashmereCashmere Member Posts: 3

+1
    With the current lockdowns, we have dozens of clients that stop and resume their services multiple times. PLEASE make it possible to pause reoccurring invoices with the ability to resume. This will save many businesses countless hours of time.
    Our list of reoccurring invoices is a mess with so many "ended" reoccurring invoices that can't be deleted...

• Options
    coachjonmcoachjonm Member Posts: 2

Yeah, I can see a MOUNTAIN of requests for the ability to pause invoices.

I, too, would LOVE this feature, as it would mean I could migrate more of my business over from PayPal.

But, as it stands right now ... I have to keep using PayPal for that purpose.

So ... how many more people have to request this feature before it gets the attention of Wave for real?

I understand it might be a bit of a technical rigamorole ... but CLEARLY people are asking for this feature and it's likely costing you business by not having it ...

• Options
    DDCWAPDDCWAP Member Posts: 5

Also would like to be able to pause recurring invoice. In this case it's just for 1-2 months then will be restarting. It creates a relative mess for me to do anything other than "pause".