Options

Logo Quality on Invoices

mlg85mlg85 Member Posts: 1

Hi there,

I uploaded the recommended 200x300px high quality JPG file, but it still looks pixelated on the invoices, vs the crisp text on the invoice. Wave doesn't seem to allow vector formats like PDF or EPS. Is there any way to fix this? I've uploaded a sample to help.

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @mlg85! Thanks for reaching out here. Unfortunately, this pixelation is something that Wave does not have a fix for, as the image will always be compressed to a particular extent when working with our invoicing software. I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

• Options
    AE73AE73 Member Posts: 3

The pixelation issue was a problem for me as well. I found that by creating a larger dimension version of the logo and saving it in .png format, that the quality of the result on the invoice was acceptable.

• Options
    bitstreambitstream Member Posts: 1

I got results similar to mlg85 even after trying a large version as AE73 had suggested. I did find that .png came out nicer than .jpg

It's funny that my 20 kb .png file looks good, but it looks fuzzy when used with Wave.

It would be nice if you could just provide us with the specs that you need, so that it would render properly. Certain size, certain format, certain DPI. So that we could have a logo that fits the quality of the rest of the invoice. Without Wave having to compress or manipulate the logo.

I will be removing the logo in the meantime as the quality is distracting.

• Options
    ENBertussiENBertussi Member Posts: 3

Hi Wave,

My business partner and I are marketers who recommend your platform to our clients who are starting new businesses.

We too have hit a wall with trying to figure out what image format size pixel count will give us the best print quality on invoices.

Please provide us with some best-practice tech-specs to ensure we are afforded the best quality end result for printing waveapps invoices.

Thank you kindly for providing direction on this effort.

ENB..//

• Options
    KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @ENBertussi !

The recommended formatting for images used for a business logo on your invoices are as follows:

Size: 300 x 200 pixels
    Format: JPG

Please also ensure the file is less than or equal to 5MB in size, and if you do not have a JPG copy, use PNG, or GIF as the file format.

• Options
    r3homestagingr3homestaging Member Posts: 6

The problem with Wave is the logo appear differently in different places. There is no way to get perfect results as they will be displayed in different sizes in different areas: invoice (desktop), invoice (mobile), receipt, email.

See this issue flagged by me regarding logo being incorrectly stretched in receipt even though it appear just fine on invoice and most emails:

https://community.waveapps.com/discussion/10712/fix-the-logo-on-receipts

edited July 3, 2021
  • Options
    ENBertussiENBertussi Member Posts: 3

Hi Wave TEAM!, + @KiahD,

I'm unfortunately still not seeing decent results for print purposes.

Is there anything more explicitly and technical specific to help ensure that when a client prints off an invoice that the saw-tooth effect has been rectified?

We need to know if this is possible.

If it is not possible to have the branding component of the invoice to be optimised for print purposes we need to know directly that this is the case.

Thank you so much for taking the time to investigate this issue for us and help provide assistance.

all the best ~!

ENB..//

@KiahD said:
    Hi @ENBertussi !

The recommended formatting for images used for a business logo on your invoices are as follows:

Size: 300 x 200 pixels
    Format: JPG

Please also ensure the file is less than or equal to 5MB in size, and if you do not have a JPG copy, use PNG, or GIF as the file format.

edited July 9, 2021
  • Options
    ramy_mramy_m Member Posts: 1

Hey there,

I solved that issue by creating a 600x400 pixel file at 300 dpi, my logo is cristal clear.
    Hope that can help!