Options

Assign a payable amount to customer

lcslebanonlcslebanon Member Posts: 7

I am trying to keep track of the money I owe my customers, because sometimes we are not able to pay cashback to customers and have to record these so we can keep track of them and not forget about them. Is there a way to do this in Wave? Any suggestion are welcome.

Comments

• Options
    CentanniCentanni Member Posts: 27

You can just make a credit note!

To do that, just make an invoice with a negative amount. You can create an item called Cashback or Credit Note or whatever and price it at -XX.

You'll be able to see it as an unpaid invoice and on your customer statement.

How's that, @lcslebanon?

• Options

That's brilliant, I've actually just had this thought this morning! Think that's what I'll be doing. Thank you @Luke Centanni

• Options

I tried that, but this isn't ideal because the amount still shows as something payable to us, which is a bit misleading as it's something we should pay. Keen to hear the community's thoughts on this.

• Options
    Briella83Briella83 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

I think it'd depend on what you want to do with it. Are you planning on paying that money back to your client, or crediting them on future invoices?

• Options
    ChristineChristine Member Posts: 6

@Centanni said:
    You can just make a credit note!

To do that, just make an invoice with a negative amount. You can create an item called Cashback or Credit Note or whatever and price it at -XX.

You'll be able to see it as an unpaid invoice and on your customer statement.

How's that, @lcslebanon?

This is not the correct way to do it. We must issue a "Credit Note" to customer. I'm wandering how to get your audit pass if you workaround as you mentioned.

• Options
    AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, @Waver1234.

There is currently no dedicated Credit Note feature in Wave. While there are possible workarounds, they are only workarounds and aren't perfect. With that said, if you have a specific situation you'd like help accounting for, I'd be happy to offer my help.