Options

Forwarding receipts via email - THIS SHOULD WORK!

David_SDavid_S Member Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am trying to forward receipts to Wave via email and they are simply not arriving. Manually uploading from the web app works fine. Photos in the iOS app work also. I have checked that the sending email address is correctly registered. I have checked that they are not going into another "Business" I have set up in the app, they are not. I have checked that the "Upload via email" setting is toggled on, it is. I am forwarding them from my registered email address to receipts@waveapps.com and they disappear into the ether.

I then read that forwarding doesn't work (crazy!) and that it needs to be a fresh email with an attachment. Even that doesn't work, nothing comes through.

I need to be able to forward emails, so many transaction have emailed receipts in the body of the email (not attachments). Surely this should work? Just like Expensify for example.

On a side-note, how does the system decide which "Business to allocate them to"?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @David_S , thanks for your message. I'm sorry that you're feeling frustrated by the inability to forward receipts via email here. As you have discovered, this is not currently an element of the feature's capabilities, and to be transparent, we are not looking to change this capability at this time. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

As for how the business to which the receipt is posted is determined, if you have multiple businesses, then the receipt will post to your primary business. You can determine your primary business by clicking your business name in the top left corner > Manage your profile > Businesses, and whichever business is starred is the primary. If you need receipts to upload to other businesses on your Wave account, I would recommend uploading them directly from in-app on the web or mobile apps.

• Options
    sakendricksakendrick Member Posts: 3

I"m reading this right that you have deprecated the feature for emailing receipts? THis is so fundamental to any accounting app - why would it be removed?