Issue with provinces changing by default

GJHunt_Turok82GJHunt_Turok82 Member Posts: 7

Hi there,

Posted the below comment on Wave FB page. Have been asked by Wave HQ to repost here for engineering support to pick up and have a look at.

"Hi guys. Can't see how else to directly contact you so using this channel apologies if not the right one for these questions. For some reason the last week or so all my customers who have "western province" in their address, the system is changing it to "iTjhingalanga-Kapa". I can change it there and then to correct it it back to "western province" and then send out what ever I need to. But then every time I revisit the client details it has reverted back to "iTjhingalanga-Kapa". It is obviously just some glich that needs a tweak somewhere your end. If some could liaise with me on this it would be much appreciated. Cheers"

Comments

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @GJHunt_Turok82 , thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with your addresses here. Would you be able to clarify the steps you've taken so far? On which page are the customers/you changing the customer province details? At which point does it switch, and is there an error message or any other indicators of a change, or is it purely the words which change with no other messaging? Does it do this for every customer you've needed to consider west province, or only some? Lastly, Would you be able to send me a screenshot of what you're seeing there? The entire screen would be best!

I know this is a lot of questions! Thanks in advance for working with me on this. With some additional context, we should be able to investigate this more thoroughly for you. Looking forward to your reply :)

• GJHunt_Turok82GJHunt_Turok82 Member Posts: 7

Hi there cheers for getting back to me. See the steps below.
    1. I try to create a new invoice. Either recurring or one off doesn't matter

1. Select the customer to add to the invoice. It only affects those with Western Cape as their province. I have tried it with different provinces and seems fine. You'll see instead of Western Cape it says""iTjhingalanga-Kapa"

2. So I go to "edit" customer details.

3. Adjust the province category accordingly and save.

5.This then rectifies the issue for that invoice. When I come back at a later date to send other invoices it reverts to "iTjhingalanga-Kapa" again. It didn't used to do this it started approximately a week or two ago.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@GJHunt_Turok82 That's some great screenshot work that is super helpful in this case! While you can change the information from the Invoice screen, are you able to navigate to Sales > Customers and make the changes there? The reason that I ask is because I'm trying to see if we can isolate the issue to changes being made only through the invoice options, or if this persists in the other area of Wave as well. Once I have that information, I'll be happy to see how we can help!

Hi @JordanD If I go through Sales > Customers it shows the individuals address correctly as "western cape" but as soon as I go to create the invoice for the same individual it displays the "iTjhingalanga-Kapa" province in their address box on the newly created invoice. So it seems to be related to the creation of the invoice rather than the database itself ( I'm guessing!). Cheers

Hi @JordanD any update on the issue? Many thanks

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @GJHunt_Turok82

To provide a bit more context as to how our system works when it comes to geolocation based selections in Wave, please read this thread HERE. Thanks.

• Stefanf11Stefanf11 Member Posts: 5

Hi. I have the same/similar issue. I have created a customer with Country = South Africa and Province = KwaZulu-Natal. Now, when I create an invoice for that customer, the Province displays as "GaZulu-Natala". That does not make sense. The customer will think that I am mad if I send them an Invoice with that on. Why can/does it not just stay the same as I have entered it?

Hi @BarsinA,

Read and understood. But doesn't seem to make sense that it is just a geolocation issue alone. It only affects at a certain point in the process of generating the invoice. It also doesn't affect recurring invoices. This invoice is raised with out any change to the address via the automated system. So it is definitely a programming issue on Waves side. Yes this may have been affected by a change over in adopting certain protocols for geolocation but then it would affect across the board and not allow certain invoices to be created with out issue as they are taking the information from the same source. If I go to my database of clients the information held is correct (western cape) however as soon as I create the invoice it changes. This has to be an issue with the extraction of information from the database to create the invoice. Thoughts?
    @Texcor44 @Riann

• RiannRiann Member Posts: 6

Hi @GJHunt_Turok82 @BarsinA @Texcor44

The only solution I found was not to capture the Country and Province when you create a customer. You can go into all your existing customers and delete this. It helps with invoicing as this no longer pulls through. The only problem is when you want to send a statement as you do not have the option to delete this for your business so when you send out a statement it reflects incorrectly under your business address but not on the clients.

I found the response from Wave to be very poor so basically gave up and just use this work around for now and when I send statements I just apologize to clients upfront.

@Riann

• Texcor44Texcor44 Member Posts: 7

I am also having to apologize upfront which does make my business unprofessional and I feel like a complete fool, Its very embarrassing and I don't understand why Wave is so slow and cumbersome when it comes to fixing easy problems like this. Its a real pity as its really very easy and nice to use otherwise.

@Riann @Texcor44 @BarsinA @JordanD

Regards a work around there are two things I have found should work if you would like to keep addresses on the invoices.

1. On initial setup of a new invoice it will make the error on the province. If you then correct it there an then under "edit {customer name}" it lets me add the english province name. This then holds true for when I send this invoice out.
    2. Try and use recurring invoices. Using the same work around above but under recurring invoices. I had some recurring invoices go out just I the last few days and they all had correct provinces. Means you don't have to keep adjusting the invoice all the time.

I have to say though I have never had an issue with the province changing for my businesses address. Although based on the logic of the above work around should be the same process but for the business address. @Riann I actually checked creating a client statement after your message and it does make the error here for me too, which like you say you cannot edit whilst previewing the statement. I'm lucky as I don't really use the statements function much hence I hand't noticed ths was also part of the glitch.

@BarsinA @JordanD thoughts gentlemen on when this is going to get sorted as the geolocation thing does not seem to be the problem but instead an issue pulling records from the database an and applying to the voices/statements?

@Barsin @JordanD

Hi gents,

Just realised I never closed this discussion. What ever the issue was now seems to be corrected across all parts of Wave or at least I haven't had any problems with it for the last month - ish.
    Just thought I should let you know and say thanks for your help. Really enjoy using wave. Having such a system for free is gold dust for a small business like mine.
    All the best