Trial Balance not tally

SFAISFAI Member Posts: 1

How would I check where gone wrong with my trial balance? Im able to find the specific date which make trial balance not tally but not able to detect which account? need help, Thanks

Comments

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @SFAI

I might need a bit more information from you. Would you mind sending me some screenshot images of the discrepancy you're seeing on your trial balance? This might help me get a better understanding of how you are able to fix this. I would recommend heading to your transactions page and filtering out your accounts by the one that may not be tallying correctly to see if there are any discrepancies here.

• SohowSohow Member Posts: 2

Hi Admin
    I have the same problem too with my Trial Balance.
    Account - Sohow Sdn Bhd
    I have managed to track the differences of RM493.52 to the month of Sep2019.
    The difference is in the expenses - somehow, there is a difference betweeen the cash and accrual update, which should not be,
    Can you help me asap because my accounts are due for audit.
    Thanks

edited July 12, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Sohow

It appears that some of your Wave pages might not be communicating with each other, and this is why you are seeing discrepancies in the numbers between different pages.

I triggered an accounting data fix on your account, and it showed that your account was in need of this! The reports and accounts should be properly connected within 15-30 minutes, depending on how much data there was to fix.

If, after that time the accounts are still off, please let me know and we can go from there.

• SohowSohow Member Posts: 2

Hi BarsinA

Yes, issue already fixed. Thank you very much.
    Is there something that I should do, to prevent this from happening again.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Sohow , thanks for getting back! There's not anything that can be done precisely to prevent this, as the causes vary, but you can bear these things in mind if you like!:

• try uploading/entering data in smaller batches, e.g., upload 10 receipts or less at a time
    • ensure your network connection is fast & reliable
    • don't leave a page before data is uploaded
    • clear your browser's cache & cookies regularly!
  • faridahfaridah Member Posts: 38

I am having the sale problem - Trial balance not tally

Please assist

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey there @faridah ! Have you tried reconciling your accounts yet? If not I suggest doing so to see if you have any account imbalances/discrepancies.

Hi Julian

Yes have reconciled, still not balanced

edited October 20, 2020
  • AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @faridah , I think I'm going to have to escalate this to our engineering team to take a further look. Which business is this happening in as I see you have a few listed. Also, what's the timeframe for the report that you're generating, is it 2020?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Hi AlexL

Sorry for the late reply

Can I message you direct for the details

Tq

• hashimhashim Member Posts: 2

Hi Alexl,

i have a problem with trial balance which is not balanced.

I have detected the inconsistency happen in account payable dated on 30th December 2018. Prior to this period all the trial balance are all okay. When I zoomed into the account payable specific account there is no figure of 714. But when comparing the trial balance as at 29th december 2018 and 30th december 2018 there is a different of 714. There is no double entry for this figure.

i doubt about the different. Appreciate to get help on this matter

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @hashim , it looks like the back end of your account was having issues communicating with what you were seeing. I've made a quick tweak and your trial balances should look better now. Can you double check your account and confirm? Thanks.

• hashimhashim Member Posts: 2

@AlexL said:
    Hey @hashim , it looks like the back end of your account was having issues communicating with what you were seeing. I've made a quick tweak and your trial balances should look better now. Can you double check your account and confirm? Thanks.

wow sir, thank you very much as it is nice now....

wave is the best then

• mccaathmccaath Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I am having a phantom transaction problem which causes my trial balance to not tally.

It is a specific $19.29 amount on 31 October 2020 in a pre-paid voucher account. I moved all transactions out of that account into a different liability account. Despite that, It kept showing the $19.29 credit and my Trial Balance is out by 19.29.

So, I deleted the account (it let me because it has no transactions). Yet, my Trial Balance still shows the 19.29 credit for that account and my Trial Balance is out by 19.29.

Can you help me clear that?

Thanks,
    Aaron

• alvin19968888alvin19968888 Member Posts: 1

Hi @AlexL ,
    I have a quick question, please!

Trial Balance Report is imbalanced! It shows a difference between Debit and Credit.
    I have checked all the transaction and also tried to remove the transaction but still the same.

Could you please help me to solve this issue and fix my trial balance?

Best Regards,
    Alvin

edited August 12, 2021
  • sabrinanurlizsabrinanurliz Member Posts: 2

my trial balance found some error and not tally
    Can you team check and reply me ASAP