Options

Deadline for read-only view of old version of Wave

Jeff_BJeff_B Member Posts: 2 admin

Hi Wavers,

We’ve been updating Wave accounts to the new upgraded version of Wave Accounting for more than two years, and this move will be completed as of August 31st, 2020. This move allows us to work with the feedback you’ve given us to further improve our products.

For users that were moved to the new version of Wave after September 2019, we offered a read-only view of the old version of Wave in order to facilitate an easier transition into our upgraded platform.

As a result of this upgrade, the read-only view of the old version of Wave will also be going away as of August 31st, 2020 in order to allow us to continue to build and improve upon our Accounting products.

It is important to note however that none of the data will be changed and that you will continue to have access to all of your transactions and information within Wave’s new version. If you would like to make a backup copy of your accounting data, you can follow our guide here for export instructions.

We’re excited that the completion of this upgrade will allow us to focus our attention on building and releasing new and exciting features. We listened to your feedback on your biggest pain points through the transition to the upgrade, and as a result, we’ve built a more responsive and intuitive Transactions page, coming soon. We have a preview of that update available here.

If you have any questions or concerns, please comment below and our Support Agents will be happy to assist.

Comments

• Options
    KimptonKimpton Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

how do I ensure that my current Wave platform gets upgraded to the latest version?

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @Kimpton , thanks for reaching out! If your account isn't already upgraded, this means that your account is not able to be migrated, and you would need to use the guide linked above to move your data over to the new software. That said, I took a look and your account appears to be on the latest software - so you should be all set!

• Options
    AnnoraGAnnoraG Member Posts: 1

Hi Jeff, the link for that Guide you mention above does not work!

• Options
    SamdSamd Member Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hey @AnnoraG - apologies about that and thank you for calling it out! I've updated the link in the post, and I'll repost it here as well just in case!

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017973892-How-to-export-your-accounting-data

• Options
    Stone_Castle_FarmsStone_Castle_Farms Member Posts: 5

I am very new to Wave. Just a question. Is there any way I can view the VAT in the invoices tab when you show the invoices. I need to be able to make a printout against each invoice for the month showing how much of the invoice amounts are VAT. At the moment if I call up a customer or a period of invoices it show the total and if it is paid or not but there is no column that show the VAT for each invoice. Maybe its somewhere but I don't know. Can you help me? Thanks Edwin.

• Options

Good day to sunny Cyprus,
    Not in the Invoices tab.
    Go to the Reports page, select Sales Tax report, define Date Range. Save it as a pdf or csv.
    If you need for each invoice you'll have to create a couple csv reports and do some spreadsheet analysis. Not to difficult; it's all there.

Kimpton

• Options
    Stone_Castle_FarmsStone_Castle_Farms Member Posts: 5

Thank you Kimpton. Feel a bit stupid now as it is actually that simple. Thanks. Edwin.

• Options

not stupid!
    You're smart enough to ask, Edwin

• Options

Thank you much

• Options
    ACERescueACERescue Member Posts: 11

Is one of the new changes coming the ability to see the invoice numbers on the "payouts" page of the Banking? I think that has been on a number of "it's coming soon" communications over the last years...it would still be SO helpful.

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @ACERescue , thanks for your message! At this time, it is not something our product team is currently working on. You can see the invoice number in Sales > Payments, though, if you click on a payment - whereas the Payouts page is focused more specifically on just the payout, rather than the payment details (like invoice number, customer). Thanks again!

• Options
    ColomboColombo Member Posts: 1

Can you check if my account was automatically upgraded? Today I logged in and my invoices and everything was up to date. Suddenly by itself the account was no longer showing over 150 invoice... it just deleted them! And suddenly I was receiving the notification to upgrade my account, which I had never seen before. My transactions and my reconciliations are up to date, so where are my invoices? Please help!

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Colombo! I can see that you'd reached out to our Support Team about this situation and have received solutions to this inquiry. I'm happy to see that your data was still in tact, and that you had found some good news!