Options

Chart of Accounts features

mneglia22mneglia22 Member Posts: 5

I have two feature suggestions:
1. Export/Import chart of accounts. This will simplify your setup of multiple companies using the same accounting system
2. Sort your chart of accounts by account ID. This will help you use GL codes and put them in order, because as you add more accounts, alphabetic by account name is not always the best sorting method

Comments

• Options
    mneglia22mneglia22 Member Posts: 5

Would also be nice to add an account code to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable

edited June 21, 2020
  • Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @mneglia22

Currently Wave does not offer this feature within this version of our app. We're always looking for feedback from our customers on how we can improve our software with every update we make. So we appreciate you reaching out about this and you should know that our developers are always parsing through the community looking for feature ideas requested by our users. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other improvements you think we could make to our system!

• Options
    dofzindofzin Member Posts: 11

+1. Being able to number ALL of the accounts is critical...and that should be used as the sort order on financial reports...

• Options
    jdhymanjdhyman Member Posts: 2

I've been using Wave for all of 24 hours and already there's no check writing feature, I can't print the chart of accounts and I can't sort it by account code. LOL just completely useless.

• Options
    BharatBharat Member Posts: 1

How can I group several accounts under a main heading such as payroll taxes or insurance so these items show up as a single line on profit & Loss as well as cash flows statements?

• Options
    CharlieHustle1CharlieHustle1 Member Posts: 1
    How do I close my account you guys f****** suck I need my f****** money now
  • Options
    designaldesignal Member Posts: 4

@Barsin Export of Chart of Accounts is now possible with Wave Connect/Google Sheets, but you can't import yet.

This is a very necessary feature and should be implemented with the same add-on using the upload feature.