Bills scanning/uploading

besimplebesimple Member Posts: 1

Why am I not able to scan and upload bills the same way as receipts?
Is there any way to attach scan of original to the bill?

Comments

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Hi @besimple.

Uploading bills in that way isn't currently possible in Wave. You can, as a workaround, treat them as receipts if you need to keep them uploaded, with the caveat that you shouldn't do this before the bill is paid (because a transaction will be created), and that you can't use receipts to create assets.

Ultimately, the reason why is that bills are much more detailed than receipts are, and the tools we use right now wouldn't be able to separate items, and create descriptions for each and assign them categories.

If you'd like to discuss what a feature like this would mean to your particular business, I recommend reading this article, and starting a discussion following those guidelines under Wave Features.

• dangosarecutedangosarecute Member Posts: 14

Hello.
    I understand that developing the feature of scanning the bills and automatically parsing information would be quite difficult.
    However, only having the ability to upload a file would be more than enough for most people. The feature Wave most lacks is file attachment, and that's crucial for accounting in the way that it provides evidence for the transaction.
    Not to mention, scanning could be done semi-automatically by asking users on which sections represent what.

• ZoeCZoeC Member Posts: 388 admin

Hey @dangosarecute, thanks for reaching out! :smile:

I completely understand where you are coming from here and the ability to upload files to Wave accounts is something that we are looking to implement. Our Product Team is currently working on several updates and one thing they are considering is the ability to attach files to transactions. I don't have an ETA on this, but we will be sure to update this thread with any news! Thanks for your patience.