Options

Unable to edit and remove payment

naattnaatt Member Posts: 2

Hey there,

I'm receiving this error message when trying to edit/remove a payment from this one particular invoice:
"Oops! There was an issue with editing your payment. Please try again."

I recorded a payment manually as I usually do about a month ago.
Now that I'm reviewing and reconciling my transactions (after uploading my bank statement), I can't find the "Invoice Payment" transaction for said invoice.

Here's the thing:

• Invoice shows that payment was made BUT
  • No payment shown in Transactions & Customer Statement

Please help. This is driving me nuts. I've tried caching my browser, using another browser to delete this payment. Nothing works.

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @naatt , can you send me screenshots of the following invoice and payment?

I'm thinking that this may be a bug that we have to send over to our engineers. If this is the case, can you please also reply with the invoice id# (you can find this in your URL when accessing your invoice. It will be the last few digits in the URL after invoices/).

Looking forward to your reply, thanks!

• Options
    naattnaatt Member Posts: 2

Hi @AlexL ,

Thanks for your swift reply! Here's the info requested:

*masking some sensitive info behind the purple box for confidentiality purposes*

The invoice id# 925920752006351480
    Let me know if you need anything else!

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @naatt , thanks for getting back & providing this additional context! Hm, I'd agree that this looks like it may be a bug. I would recommend submitting a ticket to our Support team so that we can escalate accordingly, and track your issue with a dedicated agent.

• Options
    SameerAliBaigSameerAliBaig Member Posts: 1

Hi, I'm looking for a way to round off the digits in the total. For example: if its USD 1750.65, it should be rounded to USD 1751 and if its USD 1750.48, it should be rounded to USD 1750.
    Can anybody help me in this.

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @SameerAliBaig

When it comes to decimal rounding in Wave, it is likely caused by a tax issue on the invoice or bill and this process is completed on a line-item level. What this means is that each product line will calculate the tax, round to 2 decimal places, then do the next product line. At the end, it will add up all the line item tax calculations and plug that in as a total tax in your invoice. Unfortunately, there is no way around that in our software at this time.

As a potential temporary workaround, feel free to add/discount a new invoice item for $0.01 to charge the right amount and mark it as an adjustment entry for the time being.