Options

Change Invoice Number on Recurring Invoices

curiouslightcuriouslight Member Posts: 3

How can I change the automatic numbers generated by Wave? It has the year in the Invoice title, so 2019 is still showing on my recurring invoices. How do I change this? I can't redo all my recurring invoices, clients have already entered credit card info. for automatic payments and I'm not starting over on that.

Comments

• Options
    LittleDoveLittleDove Member Posts: 4

I have the same problem, coming from another software and needing to keep my existing Invoice numbers. Also when I tried to set the date, it does not show current year correctly. It shows nonsense year like 0002.

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @curiouslight , if you manually change your first recurring invoice to 2020, it will keep this number moving forward since it's higher than 2019, but to have this number appear you will have to have set at least one of them to send out that way.

Hey @LittleDove , what pre-existing invoice numbers are you looking to keep? The way that the numbering system works is that it will always take the largest invoice number that you've sent and increase it by 1.

• Options
    TheRealJennTheRealJenn Member Posts: 6

I have the issue that i have a series of invoice numbers for different clients and wave is generating an invoice series that belongs to another client. How can i make it have a specific series for that client?