Options

Messy accounts

HolCarHolCar Member Posts: 20

Hello,

Been using Wave for half a year. It has a lot of upsides, but, boy, sometimes I think the guys behind the engine that runs it are lost.

Here's the issue that I just ran into, and a lot of users apparently.

I have 2 accounts with the same bank (different stages of the business, and they wouldn't let me migrate). Today I realised a couple of the accounts on the latter were not present in my Wave (one has a zero balance, and the other had zero until today). At first, I didn't know why they were not showing, until I realised they were created after I set up the connection. Easy, I thought, I'll just "refresh" it. Well, there's no such option. Well, maybe I'll add the account again, and import only thse two accounts. Surely, the software will be smart enough to add it to the previous Bank Connection, since it's the same. Nope, I was wrong, I now had THREE bank connections, thus increasing the likelihood of failure, which has happened a few times.

To make matters worse, I actually re-connected the wrong bank accounts! (I mean, out of the two, I re-connected the one that had all the accounts properly syncing). Well, I'll delete this connection (since it's a duplicate) and the accounts (after removing the double transactions). Nope, I can't delete the account (which is empty) from my charts.

Seriously, Wave???? Come on! You're so lax on more sensitive areas like editing/deleting a posted transaction, yet, an account that has no activity (since I removed them, as they were duplicates) is untouchable. I can't even RENAME these accounts! Why?????????? This makes no sense. Surely, you don't link it by the name, do you?

Now I have to import the correct accounts, and it'll create still NEW accounts and again, a 3rd connection.

At this point, I'm thinking my "less dirty" (though not clean) solution would be to re-add the 3rd connection completely, and edit the existing transactions, linking them to the new accounts instead, then delete the the previous 2nd bank connection, and then archive the accounts, which will be empty then. (I suppose that when Support has referred to "archiving", what's actually meant is checking the option to Prevent further usage of the account.

The usability / user-friendliness of this system leaves much to be desired, to be honest. Especially because it fails on the most simple things!