Bug - exporting invoice - email address does not display correctly and link is incorrect

Stefanf11Stefanf11 Member Posts: 5

Hi,
I have created a draft invoice and have exported it as a PDF. The last letter of the email address, the "m" in ".com" is displayed underneath the rest of the email address. The email address is 29 characters long. It looks like it is 1 character too long for your system. Also, if I then click the email address, the hyperlink (link to email) does then not contain the last letter ("m"), so the email will not be sent.

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Stefanf11! Thank you for reaching out with this bug report. Can you please send a screenshot here of what that looks like on your side? I'm going to get some eyes on this from our development team, so any further details or context that you have would be tremendously helpful in troubleshooting here. Thank you!

• Stefanf11Stefanf11 Member Posts: 5

Create an invoice for a customer with an email address that is 29 characters long (guess anything longer than 28 will give a problem.

Export it as a PDF.

The last character will be displayed on a new line on the pdf invoice.

Click on the email link in the pdf.

The email program will launch, but the last character of the email address will be missing.

That's it really.

Seems that the app does not cater for email addresses longer than 28 characters.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @Stefanf11

You are correct in assuming this hyperlink will unfortunately only select line by line. I created a very long email with around 40 characters and about 10 characters fell onto the second line. I could only click the second line of the hyperlink which brought me to "dieval.com" email.

Unfortunately the only way to address this is to open up your email and copy and paste it into your account. Wave also has other ways sending a PDF through the program as well.

This should also attach a PDF to your email which might streamline your invoice sending.