Running a report for taxes

LyndajoyLyndajoy Member Posts: 6

I went through every transaction I had and categorized each item. I just want to run a report and export my transactions by category (account) and that doesn't seem possible. I have tried every kind of report available and none of them are working for this simple task. I've written to support and no one is responding. If anyone from WAVE actually looks at this, I would appreciate some help. ljstorer@gmail.com

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@Lyndajoy,
    Have you exported the General Ledger. That report is every transaction reported by account.

• LyndajoyLyndajoy Member Posts: 6

I have tried numerous times to export the general ledger and it does not show the transactions by account. All it gives me is transactions.

Can anyone tell me how to get a report that includes the transaction categories by account?

I have tried numerous times to export the general ledger and it does not show the transactions by category. All it gives me is transactions. I need to be able to have a yearly summary of my expenses and income, by category. It seems impossible that this program won't give me that information.

@Lyndajoy,
    The General Ledger should have the account and the transactions for that account underneath. I just exported one myself (both pdf and csv) and it shows both. For the csv, account and date in column B, transaction description in column C, amounts in column D& E, and running balance of account in column F. If you could post a snapshot of what you getting. Here is a snip of what I see when exporting the general ledger.

I need the account and the transaction category. The general ledger doesn't give me that. And my P & L report is so messed up I don't know what happened there. It's showing thousands of uncategorized income and expenses which is impossible since I categorized every single transaction. I'm going to be looking for a better system for next year, that's for sure.

@Lyndajoy,
    Sorry to hear you are having such trouble. From a professionals perspective Wave is a great platform and I use it for all my clients. It sounds as though there are issues with the underlying data. There are many pros out there including myself that can help you get it under control.

Mike, I appreciate that you're trying to sell your services but I have an accountant. I just wanted to send him the report so he can file for me.