Options

Linking Bills to Customer

NishNish Member Posts: 11

Is there a way to associate a bill to a customer? Currently, whenever a bill is payed, I need to associate the customer to that bill payment through Accounting > Transactions.

For example, when an invoice is raised, it automatically associates the customer to that invoice & hence there is no need to associate it through Accounting > Transactions.

This will help getting the "Income by Customer" report to accurately show all income & expenses related to that job/customer - Job Costing

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Nish! Great question here. Unfortunately, at present, this is not something that is possible within the bills page in Wave. I'm sorry for the inconvenience here, but you've brought up a very valid point! I'll make sure to flag this for my teams to review, and we absolutely appreciate your input.

• Options
    GlennMGlennM Member Posts: 2

Is there a way to report individual items purchased/sold to a customer to know how many of a particular item i purchased by the customer?

• Options

@GlennM said:
    Is there a way to report individual items purchased/sold to a customer to know how many of a particular item i purchased by the customer?

Hey @GlennM - yes, you can certainly keep track of all income & cost of goods sold for each customer in Wave. I do the following:
    (a) Ensure every invoice raised is linked to the correct customer - that way, when you mark a payment; it will automatically associate the payment received against that customer
    (b) Ensure each Bill Payment that is made is linked to a customer via Accounting > Transactions (unfortunately, this isn't automatic like Invoice Raised because when a bill is created, you can't associate it to a customer)

To see your Job Cost (ie. income & expenses link to a customer), go to Reports > Income by Customer > Select the Date Range & Click "Update Report" > Select the customer line and it will show you all the job costing for that particular customer.

Hope that helps !

• Options
    GlennMGlennM Member Posts: 2

When I go to Reports > Income by Customer > Select the Date Range & Click "Update Report" > I am UNABLE to select customer. I will highlight the customer line but as soon as I try to move to Update Report, the highlighted line goes away. A;; I get is the entire report pf all the customers

• Options

GlennM, go to Reports > Income by Customer > Select the Date Range & Click "Update Report"
    Then don't select the customer as it only highlights the line ... click the $XXX figure in "ALL INCOME" or "PAID INCOME" which will open a new tab showing the job costing.

On that page, you can then select different customers from your "Contact" dropdown before clicking the "Update Report" button.

Hope that helps and all the best :D

• Options

@ConnorM said:
    Hey @Nish! Great question here. Unfortunately, at present, this is not something that is possible within the bills page in Wave. I'm sorry for the inconvenience here, but you've brought up a very valid point! I'll make sure to flag this for my teams to review, and we absolutely appreciate your input.

Hi ConnorM - thanks for the update and surely hope this is something that can be implemented in the near future as I've found Wave to be an excellent product which I've recommended to several other new start-up businesses in Melbourne, Australia to consider !

Cheers'
    Nish

• Options
    adamduroadamduro Member Posts: 3

I want to bump this as a highly desirable feature. I need an easy way to both associate Bills (payments to sub-contractors related work done for a customer) automatically to a customer.

Likewise, having a report that easily shows me "Profit" by customer would be great. Right now if I use the method above, I can kinda get to the number by doing the math myself (Sales - Discounts - Expenses manually associated) but that's a pain in the butt.