Pay your employees

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin

imagePay your employees

You're all set up! Running your payroll is just a button away. Here's how. 
Before you run your first payroll, please ensure you've completed the previous steps:

Added your employee(s)
Completed y...

Read the full story here

edited July 4, 2020 in Help Center Discussion

Comments

• MilenitaMilenita Member Posts: 3

I am a seasonal business and I don't have payroll from November through May. Do I still have to submit all the payroll periods with $0? I was just getting ready to do my first payroll this year now in July and I noticed there is a message that I need to submit for December last year with $0. And when I did it goes to the next pay period.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Milenita , you should be able to switch your pay period directly to this pay period without having the need to switch it to $0. You do however have to ensure that the end date for the pay period lines up with the previous pay period end dates. For example, if you used to do a weekly pay period that ended on Friday, you would have to select a Friday for this pay period for it to function correctly.

• CraigDCCraigDC Member Posts: 3

I have everything set up for direct deposit and I was hoping to use the functionality for January pay to contractors. I had all vendors entered, and bills created earlier in Feb, but it appears, however, as I can only now do this for a monthly cycle ending February 28. Is there now way to (1) do direct deposit at this point for January, or (2) do any type of direct deposit for the vendors until the next defined cycle ending on Feb 28?

edited February 7, 2021

Hi @CraigDC , it looks like you're set up on monthly frequency which means that you can only run your Payroll once a month. Our Payroll team can switch this for you however so that you can run it more often (Bi-weekly, semi-weekly or weekly). Please reach out to the chatbot on our website and ask to speak to an agent over live chat.

• CraigDCCraigDC Member Posts: 3

@AlexL thanks. I only need to run it monthly, but the issue seemed to be since I didn't set it up earlier, and because it was February, I couldn't set the pay period to retroactively end on 1/31 and then set Feb 8 as the withdrawal date and Feb 11 as the payroll date if that makes sense. FYI back when I posted this I did try to reach out and get a live agent to chat, but the wonderful bot kept telling me it's only for paying customers and sent me into chatbot purgatory of a an endless loop of despair. Well I am about to be a paying customer with payroll, but apparently (unless I was doing something wrong) there was no way for me to get live support in order to finalize becoming a paying customer until I actually was a paying customer.

Hey @CraigDC , ah this is definitely possible so if that was the case, I'm sorry that you were running into a wall there. Were you able to submit a ticket to our Support team in the meantime at least? If not, please do so in order for the team to take a further look at your request.

• WaveUser0301WaveUser0301 Member Posts: 3

Hi Wave team,
    We have some employees that want a direct deposit into two separate accounts for payroll - a feature we used in Quickbooks. Does Wave have this same option?

Hey @WaveUser0301 , at the moment, Wave only supports having Payroll deposited into a single account.

• mschristine65mschristine65 Member Posts: 10

I need to connect the check used to pay the employee to the payroll entry. This doesn't help.

Hey @mschristine65 , can you provide a little bit more clarity around exactly what you're trying to do? What do you mean when you say you're looking to connect the check? Any further information you can provide would be helpful.

One employee is paid by check, rather than direct deposit. The check is handwritten, so the "print check" option (which would associate that check with the employee's payroll) in Wave is not used.
    I'd like to make a connection between the handwritten check (the withdrawal in the bank feed) to the employee payroll that it's for.
    Does that make more sense?

I'm thinking maybe I can go in and select "print check" for that employee, manually edit to show the actual check information, and delete what would then be a duplicate from the bank feed.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @mschristine65 !

Thanks for the additional information. If you wrote a physical check out for your employee, I'm afraid that there is no way to link your physical check with your payroll transactions. As you may know, the "Print Check" option is only used if you pay your employees manually (without direct deposits enabled) and use our Check Print integration to print your checks. This does not tie any checks to your payroll transactions.

If you'd like to learn more about how Wave's automatic payroll bookkeeping works, feel free to click here.

edited April 21, 2021

That's disappointing, but thank you for the info.