Creating invoices from estimates

JueJue Member Posts: 1

Hi All, I am new to Wave and I am looking for some help please? If I prepare an estimate based on several different services and the quote is accepted, how do I go about changing the estimate into an invoice but only on certain items listed from the estimate?? For example, deposits for each service listed on the estimate are not all required at the same time, so the invoices would need to be sent at different stages and not all in one go? I hope this makes sense?? x x

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Jue! Thanks for reaching out here. If you're invoicing and it includes a deposit, I'd actually recommend taking a look into this Help Center article here to get you started! That'll be a good guide, even when you're looking into the conversion of estimates into invoices, as well :) Let us know if you have any further questions!

• SpoonhandleSpoonhandle Member Posts: 13

@Jue said:
    Hi All, I am new to Wave and I am looking for some help please? If I prepare an estimate based on several different services and the quote is accepted, how do I go about changing the estimate into an invoice but only on certain items listed from the estimate?? For example, deposits for each service listed on the estimate are not all required at the same time, so the invoices would need to be sent at different stages and not all in one go? I hope this makes sense?? x x

I ran in to this same scenario. I ended up created a separate estimate for line items that would be charged later and invoiced for the items being charged up-front. In my scenario it was a large deposit needed to cover expensive equipment costs, so I invoiced for the equipment and created a separate estimate for the labor which will be charged after completion of the project.