Options

Bill Due Dates

AmericanScreensUSAAmericanScreensUSA Member Posts: 2

Effectively managing payables means being aware of what's coming due by due date. Wave could be improved in this area. I suggested this a year ago, but have not seen any movement in this area.

Why doesn't the billing page show due dates? Also, the aged payables report should show the detail of what's due, not just a total amount, or at least allow us to drill down to see the detail by due date.

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @AmericanScreensUSA

Currently Wave does not offer this feature within this version of our app. We're always looking for feedback from our customers on how we can improve our software with every update we make. So we appreciate you reaching out about this and you should know that our developers are always parsing through our community looking for feature updates requested by our users.

I appreciate that you've reached out about this before and I apologize that this wasn't actioned nor whether it's something that we will be actioning in the near future.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other improvements you think we could make to our system!

• Options
    justdavejustdave Member Posts: 15

I've reached out about this in the past as well. I'll add another vote to get this included. From a development perspective (I'm a web developer myself) this seems like it would be low-hanging fruit, since the data should be there and it's just a matter of displaying it. But then I can't vouch for your platform, so maybe you've really got something more complicated under the hood.

As the original poster said, it seems counter-intuitive to me for the bills to be listed by the issue date of the bill rather than the due date. I never need to know when the bill was issued, I need to know when it's due so I can properly prioritize what gets paid to make sure both the money is available and they get paid on time. Right now I have to click through on each bill to see when it's due.

• Options
    KLS_MegaKLS_Mega Member Posts: 2

Please, please get this set up as soon as possible. Having a list of when bills are due is a basic need of any entrepreneur.

• Options
    CorCor Member Posts: 7

Agreed. And even more baffling is that unpaid bills can remain further down in the list simply because their bill date is older. So you might have paid a recent bill and missed an older bill because it's a lower row. The date shown should be the Due date, and they should be sorted into two sections - Paid and Unpaid - ordered by their due date for Unpaid and perhaps by their Billing date for the Paid. There could always be a toggle to lump them back together and sort them by Billing date too....