I am in Canada and I need to invoice and be paid by wave online from my client in the US

JenVJenV Member Posts: 1

I thought that this was a simple question but I have had no luck getting a clear and concise answer. Please help
I am Canadian
I am invoicing a client in the US
My business is set up to take Canadian funds.
Do I keep the currency on the invoice in Canadian dollars
or
do I change the currency on the invoice to US currency and invoice her this way?
and......
when she pays by credit card, how does this work, does the credit card company change the currency over and then pay me?
Thank you

Comments

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @JenV , it looks like you received a response from one of our Support agents over ticket already, but I'll reiterate here. If your business is set up in Canada, only invoices sent in CAD can be paid through Wave. You can still have your customers pay with foreign credit cards, but they will be charged an exchange rate by their bank. You will receive the amount that you specified in the invoice.

edited July 15, 2020
  • Brian_GBrian_G Member Posts: 2

So, i have the same issue and I'm confused using the credit card processing, your answer above makes it even more confusing.
    ... so if i sell a product for $90 Canadian, and at today's rate that converts to $67.38 USD... do I send an invoice to my US customer for $90 Canadian or do i send it for $67.38 USD... I can have the invoice printed out so it reads US dollars. If is sent if for $67 USD, will I get paid the $90(ish) in Canadian or the $67 in Canadian

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @brian_g

I answered your post Here. Have a look and let me know if you've got other questions.