Tax/VAT number on invoices

EltonElton Member Posts: 2

Hi

I need to add a customer VAT (Value Added Tax) number to my invoices but cannot find any place to enter it. This is a requirement in South Africa. Any help will be much appreciated.

Elton Landman

Comments

• CentanniCentanni Member Posts: 27

There isn't a field for it, but you can use any spare field in the customer form instead. So you could just put it in instead of a fax number.

• AngeliqueAngelique Member Posts: 3

Elton, the only way I found around this was to add the VAT number next to the customers business name. It at least appears on the invoice.

• AlexiaAlexia Member Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

Both @Luke Centanni and @Angelique are right!

Although there's no field dedicated to tax number, you could use any other field for that purpose.

• JeanneJeanne Member Posts: 4

Hi there
    I want to add 2 addresses and a VAT number as well as a company registration number. When I try and fill the fields in, it gives an error message. The only place I can put the company reg & VAT number where it works, is in the address field?
    Thanks

I managed to paste the address, would be great if Wave could update this feature!

Hi, @Jeanne,

In what field did you end up entering that information? Which field caused problems? Maybe I can explain what the issue was, or find out.

HI Alexia, I put the two addresses under 'contact' on the contact page and the company and VAT registration numbers under 'Address line 1' and 'Address line 2'

Thanks for following up, @Jeanna.

You know, that doesn't look too bad, thank you! I'll recommend that as an alternative for the time being.

• Lisa_7206Lisa_7206 Member Posts: 15

Good Morning
    We are in South Africa, and are now required to registered for VAT, so our VAT number is currently pending. I would just like to find out how one goes about setting up our invoices to either show a VAT column, or at the very least at the end of the quote or invoice a section that shows the VAT amount - can this be done? And if not, how are other companies in SA going about this please?
    Thanking you in advance.
    Lisa

• ChelseaKChelseaK Member Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hey @Lisa_7206! If you'd like to add a Sales Tax, head to Settings > Accounting > Sales Tax > Add a Sales Tax. If you do this, you can add VAT taxes to your items on your invoices. When you create a Sales Tax, there is an option to add the tax number and also to select the box which will have it show up on the invoice. I've attached a screenshot to show you what I mean!

edited September 18, 2019

Hi @ChelseaK
    Oh this is awesome....this is a great help, thank you SO much!. Just one question though, how do I do the same on the quotes, as I have to provide a quote to our clients, and if approved, we then convert to an invoice. So the VAT amount also has to reflect on the Quote (estimate) as well.
    Thanks so much in advance.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @Lisa_7206 . When adding an item to an estimate, in that line item you'll have an option to add a Sales Tax to it. The interface is slightly different than that on the invoice, but the sales tax option is still there.

Hi @AlexL
    Thank you so much. I must have missed this, but have done a test Estimate and all is in order.
    Much appreicated.