Choosing which accounts invoices are connected to.

andrewcareyandrewcarey Member Posts: 2

In waves I cant seem to find how to set which income account an invoice is set to when I match it to the deposited payment in my checking account. Rn some of my invoices are going to the wrong income account and I cant figure out how to change it.

Comments

• andrewcareyandrewcarey Member Posts: 2

Figured it out: In the invoice when you create a new line item in the bottom left of the line item it allows you to choose what income account you want to use. Once a line item is created you can't change the income account associated with that line item in the invoice editor you have to go to to the sidebar nav in waves "sales tab>products and services" and you can edit each line item or "product/service" and the income account associated. If you have an invoice that's already been processed and the products/services were set to the wrong account you can fix it in two steps:

1. edit the products/services under the sales tab to reflect the correct income account.
    2. simply click on the invoice you want to update and click the edit button, then without changing anything hit save and this will update it with the proper income accounts.
    edited July 15, 2020
  • BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @andrewcarey

Thanks so much for asking a question and providing a solution in our community! We love to see this type of autonomy :wink:

You're absolutely correct in that if you change an income account of other setting for your product/service you'll need to resave it on your invoice for it to update!

edited July 17, 2020