SunTrust - Business Online - Credentials you provided are incorrect

2»

Comments

• mem23mem23 Member Posts: 17

@chrisinvb said:
    @mem23 - I seemed to disconnect from Suntrust every week or so and I have to re-enter the credentials. However, it is working for me. Make sure you have a business account with Suntrust and your bank is set to "Suntrust - Business Online" as the account.

Good luck!

Thanks! I will keep trying. I do have a business account.

@chrisinvb said:
    @mem23 - I seemed to disconnect from Suntrust every week or so and I have to re-enter the credentials. However, it is working for me. Make sure you have a business account with Suntrust and your bank is set to "Suntrust - Business Online" as the account.

Good luck!

Glad it's still working. I definitely have a business account the same one I have had for 15+ years so I will try again. THANKS and have a great weekend!!

• berryb28berryb28 Member Posts: 5

I've been waiting for several months for it to be able to connect....I just tried and got a different error message: "Couldn't connect to your institution. If you need to use this app immediately, we recommend trying another institution. Errors like this are usually resolved quickly, so you may want to try the same account again later." I have tried repeatedly for the past 2 days with no success. Any suggestions?

@berryb28 I still have not been able to connect. Not sure how others are. My account is literally at least 15+ years old.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @mem23 @berryb28

If you haven't tried searching for the exact connection (or tried a few different connections that might best suit your account), please give this a shot and let us know!

@Barsin said:

If you haven't tried searching for the exact connection (or tried a few different connections that might best suit your account), please give this a shot and let us know!

The Business Online connection simply won't work. I also have a Personal Finance Tab within Wave and Suntrust Online Banking works fine over there. This is what the error message looks like:

@Barsin are you saying I should try all the different SunTrust accounts and see if they connect? Once I click through I see this...but nothing changes...it has been weeks and weeks with the same error message. I'm getting super frustrated.

Updated comment below.

edited December 4, 2020

Still NOTHING on Suntrust. Still saying can't connect. So frustrating!!! Can't Wave use another vendor to connect? > @Barsin said:

I have tried the correct connection and tried the others "just in case". Nothing works. Is it possible to use a different vendor to connect b/c obviously there is an issue. I don't see anything like this happening for QuickBook users etc. I tried to do a Google search and went on the QB communities. They had a syncing issue back in 1/2019 but nothing since so it has to be vendor-related. I also don't see any other online accounting programs like Freshbooks etc. having this issue.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hi @berryb28 & @mem23 ,

It seems that different users are having different experiences with the SunTrust connection. If you want to get this looked at more closely, please reach out to our SUpport team through a ticket.

In the meantime, , we still have some great options to help you bulk upload your transactions to ensure your books are kept up-to-date.

If you have months of transactions to upload or you only want to categorize your transactions infrequently, you can upload bank statements from Accounting > Transactions using the More button in the top-right corner. You can find a list of supported file types in the tool itself or in our Help Center article here.

If you’d like more frequent updates or don’t have access to statements in a supported file type, you can also try using Wave Connect, our free Google Sheets add-on made for importing and exporting your accounting data. You can find a complete guide for how to get started with that here.

edited December 9, 2020

@AlexL said:
    Hi @berryb28 & @mem23 ,

It seems that different users are having different experiences with the SunTrust connection. If you want to get this looked at more closely, please reach out to our SUpport team through a ticket.

In the meantime, , we still have some great options to help you bulk upload your transactions to ensure your books are kept up-to-date.

If you have months of transactions to upload or you only want to categorize your transactions infrequently, you can upload bank statements from Accounting > Transactions using the More button in the top-right corner. You can find a list of supported file types in the tool itself or in our Help Center article here.

If you’d like more frequent updates or don’t have access to statements in a supported file type, you can also try using Wave Connect, our free Google Sheets add-on made for importing and exporting your accounting data. You can find a complete guide for how to get started with that here.

The plus of having the import was so I didn't have to hand categorize everything. What's the point if I am doing most of it by hand. I will put in a support ticket and see what happens. Not having high hopes, unfortunately.

• Andy2222Andy2222 Member Posts: 2

It is now almost 6 months since the original post. The issue is still not fixed and there is not an official and practical workaround listed. I can't connect my Suntrust account. Unacceptable is an understatement. I'm looking for alternatives to Wave that don't rely on terrible tech companies like Plaid. I understand banks make changes and things break, but it has been 6 months, no excuse.

• chrisinvbchrisinvb Member Posts: 14

@Andy2222 - I was able to get the connection working again in October 2020. However, as of January 13, 2021, it disconnected again for me.

Getting this error ever since:

Username or password incorrect. Check that your credentials are the same that you use for this institution

It seems to be an issue with Plaid directly.

I ended up just using this workaround from last year.

I went into the 'Accounts' section of Suntrust.com (Business Online) and click on the 'Download' icon to the right of the transactions field.

After selecting a date range for the transactions (as shown in the picture above) that I last imported into Wave, I chose 'Quickbooks' format. It will download a QBO file.

After logging into Wave, I clicked on Accounting -> Transactions (Left menu bar). I then clicked 'More' on the right side of the screen and chose 'Upload Bank Statement'.

On the Upload a Bank Statement page, select the Quickbooks QBO file that you just exported from Suntrust and it imports.

• jrackjrack Member Posts: 9

I checked with Plaid and heard back on 01/25 that their connection with SunTrust Business Online was known to be broken (invalid creds), but they had no ETA. I was going to try and nudge my SunTrust rep to try and get see if they can work with Plaid to get things fixed.

Been using the manual import since things broke in mid Jan. The title of the transactions were different so had some duplicates, but i think it won't duplicate transactions only imported by manual.

Ok crew the latest I just received from Plaid @chrisinvb @jrack @Andy2222 @berryb28 @Barsin .
    I haven't had a chance to try it yet but let me know if this is working for you. Crossing fingers!

Plaid Support on Feb 4
    Hi there,

Thank you so much for your patience!

The issue related to our SunTrust - Business Online integration has been resolved, and we are seeing successful connections again. If you haven't already, can you please try re-linking your accounts?

Please note that we have separate integrations for SunTrust business accounts and personal accounts. If you have a SunTrust personal account, please use the integration titled "SunTrust - Online Banking." The SunTrust - Business Online option is only for users that can log in to their SunTrust business accounts at
    https://login.businessonline.suntrust.com/business/login. Per SunTrust's old login website:
    SunTrust, now Truist, has replaced the Online Cash Manager system with SunTrust Business Online and Mobile. Per our previous communications, access to Online Cash Manager ended on January 15, 2021. If you would like to use the new system, please visit https://www.suntrust.com/ and either sign on to Business Online or choose “Sign Up Now” to enroll.

If you have further questions on how to get started with SunTrust's new Business Online system, please reach out to SunTrust directly.

Best,
    Mona
    Plaid Support

Just got the same email and was able to connect and downloading transactions right now. Just make sure to import after the last transaction of you were importing manually. It defaults to that so should be easy.

Should be working for everyone now!

edited February 4, 2021

@mem23 said:
    Ok crew the latest I just received from Plaid @chrisinvb @jrack @Andy2222 @berryb28 @Barsin .
    I haven't had a chance to try it yet but let me know if this is working for you. Crossing fingers!

Plaid Support on Feb 4
    Hi there,

Thank you so much for your patience!

The issue related to our SunTrust - Business Online integration has been resolved, and we are seeing successful connections again. If you haven't already, can you please try re-linking your accounts?

Please note that we have separate integrations for SunTrust business accounts and personal accounts. If you have a SunTrust personal account, please use the integration titled "SunTrust - Online Banking." The SunTrust - Business Online option is only for users that can log in to their SunTrust business accounts at
    https://login.businessonline.suntrust.com/business/login. Per SunTrust's old login website:
    SunTrust, now Truist, has replaced the Online Cash Manager system with SunTrust Business Online and Mobile. Per our previous communications, access to Online Cash Manager ended on January 15, 2021. If you would like to use the new system, please visit https://www.suntrust.com/ and either sign on to Business Online or choose “Sign Up Now” to enroll.

If you have further questions on how to get started with SunTrust's new Business Online system, please reach out to SunTrust directly.

Best,
    Mona
    Plaid Support

Unfortunately, I tried again and am still getting the same error messages. . then

Bummer. This is a different error than we were getting with "bad credentials". And you have a SunTrust Business Online account and selected the STBO option in Plaid when it popped up? I would open a case to Plaid as that helped me confirm the issue with my specifics. Just use the Contact Us form in their website.
    Mine was able to sync all the way back to September. I would suggest changing you SunTrust password then logging back in. This way if it was stuck it should log in with the now one.

@mem23 said:
    Mine was able to sync all the way back to September. I would suggest changing you SunTrust password then logging back in. This way if it was stuck it should log in with the now one.

Still didn't work unfortunately. Was on the phone with SunTrust for a while yesterday while attempting this and they said the error must be on Plaid's end.

@jrack said:
    Bummer. This is a different error than we were getting with "bad credentials". And you have a SunTrust Business Online account and selected the STBO option in Plaid when it popped up? I would open a case to Plaid as that helped me confirm the issue with my specifics. Just use the Contact Us form in their website.

I'm trying this route now. Awaiting a reply from Plaid.

Thanks for everyone's help and care. This is crazy! :smiley: