Currency format

Liz_Cot1Liz_Cot1 Member Posts: 2

How do I change the format of my prices in the invoice. Currently it only allows for round figures, however, my prices are not round figures ie 1234,56. Currently only allowing me to add 123456,00

Comments

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @Liz_Cot1 , thanks for your post! To clarify, in your currency, you would normally use commas as decimal points, correct? If so, I'm afraid that in Wave, only decimal points can be used to indicate non-round numbers. So, I would recommend typing it as 1234.56 rather than 1234,56, as in Wave (as you've noticed), that would still show as a round number. I'm sorry for this inconvenience here. I know this is not an ideal solution. Thank you for your understanding as we work to improve serving varied regions around the world.

• Liz_Cot1Liz_Cot1 Member Posts: 2

Thanks for getting back to me. I discovered shortly afterwards that decimal points work. So I am all sorted for now.

• CrabbyjacksCrabbyjacks Member Posts: 3

Can Wave be user-customized to format commas (thousand separators)? Thanks.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Crabbyjacks , I'm not sure I understand the question. You want to be able to use commas in Wave? Where exactly are you looking to use them?

Let me know.

@AlexL Thousands separated numbers: 100,000.00 instead of 100000.00

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello @Crabbyjacks !

Thanks for clarifying your inquiry. When recording amounts in Wave, you won't be able to add a comma manually. However, when you punch in your desired amount, the comma will auto populate like so:

Invoice Example:

Transaction Example:

If you are looking to customize this functionality, I'm afraid that's not possible at this time.

I hope this helps!

edited December 7, 2020

Thank you for your reply and illustrative photo. I understand about not manually adding commas. My question is about the ability of Wave’s programming to toggle between (or select numeric formatting options) for thousands-separating commas and numerical, id est currency values. I attached a pic from my Wave account from a few minutes ago. I wish I have the commas that you do. :)