Print vouchers

mhammadlatifACCAmhammadlatifACCA Member Posts: 37
Anyone who has found a workaround for printing vouchers in Wave?

E.g. Purchase invoice voucher, Journal voucher, Bank payment voucher etc.

Comments

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @mhammadlatifACCA! Great question here. Can you elaborate a little on what this voucher would include? I'm not entirely sure I follow, but with a little further description I'm thinking we should be able to find something that could help within Wave!

• mhammadlatifACCAmhammadlatifACCA Member Posts: 37

A voucher is a report that is used to view double entry accounting for a transaction and approvals along with particulars like:

• Transaction date
    • Transaction ID (usually a special series or document sequence number for different types of transactions)
    • Supplier / Customer name (in case of AP / AR).........etc.

The MOST IMPORTANT part is double entry. As regards approvals, this report would show items like created by (user ID), Checked by (user ID) and Approved by (user ID).

In the absence of such reports in wave, I am using a workaround for this using Excel's power query feature which can fetch data from .csv files (an output available in Wave using Settings > Data export). The designs I have prepared for the voucher report are attached herewith. I have a few ideas on how I ll pick data on these reports but havent finalized anything yet except designs and using Power Query.

I also tried Google Sheets integration as it wont require exporting data again and again whenever you want to print new transactions but unfortunately, in that too, limited data is available. If accounting.csv export can be fetched by Google Sheets, it wont require exporting again and again, one can link his designs and there you go; automated voucher reports; also available for printing (via Sheets).

Let me know if you like the idea or suggest a better work around, if available. I am also willing to work with you guys in areas where I can help; you can view my LinkedIn profile here.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @mhammadlatifACCA

I think what you might be looking for is under Settings (bottom left) > Data export > Download all transactions > Here you should get your transaction id and your double entry Accounting voucher!

Let us know if this is what you were looking for.

• mhammadlatifACCAmhammadlatifACCA Member Posts: 37
    @BarsinA please have a look at the attachments. I know accounting.csv exists and will be using the same to pick data on my reports (designed in Excel).

Such a report is printed, the supporting documents are attached with it and filed category wise (eg. AP, AR) in chronological order.

It is also requested to please thoroughly read my previous post. It's good to engage the audience but replies should be relevant. I hope you understand. 😊
  • sagarprasaisagarprasai Member Posts: 2

@mhammadlatifACCA Hello Sir, I am following this post and want to see if you have come with some solution. I also need this a lot. I use wave for managing to account for my small consulting firm. But my auditor says at the end of the financial year, I need to have vouchers for each of my sales, payments, etc. But I don't think wave can generate that. So I would be grateful if you can share your way around with newbies like us.