Match manually-entered transaction with one downloaded from bank?

KJIsaacsonKJIsaacson Member Posts: 6

I transferred money from one payment account to another within Wave. I manually entered that transaction. A day or two later, when Wave sync'd with my bank, Wave downloaded the transaction. (For some reason, it downloaded the transaction moving $$ out of an account but didn't download the transaction moving $$ into the other account, but that's not the issue in this post.)

So now I have two of the same transactions in one of the accounts. The manual entry I made moving money out, and the downloaded transaction showing the check I wrote and brought to the bank to deposit it into the other account.

Is there a way to tell Wave that these transactions are the same (i.e., match them)? Or do I have to delete one? I don't want to delete the one I manually created, as it has both the transfer out of one account and the transfer in to the other. But if I delete the downloaded transaction, will Wave download it again the next time it syncs?

Thanks.
Ken

Comments

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

KJIsaacson,
    Merging manual and downloaded transactions is not a feature in Wave. Keep in mind that the importing process is purely a mechanical function. If Wave is importing transactions through your banking connections then any manual entries made will be duplicated. I would delete any of the manual transactions.

• KJIsaacsonKJIsaacson Member Posts: 6

@Mikeg said:
    KJIsaacson,
    Merging manual and downloaded transactions is not a feature in Wave.

Well, Mike, that's not entirely accurate. There is a merge function, used by selecting the two transactions and clicking "merge".

However, "merge" is not available if one of the transactions is a transfer between payment accounts.

So... yup, I gotta manually delete one of the transactions.

Thanks.

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @KJIsaacson , thanks for your message! It is correct, you would need to delete one, likely the bank-imported transaction - but to confirm, if you delete the bank imported transaction, it will not re-import the next time the bank syncs. It will stay deleted!