how to post to individual accts receivable

fischerdffischerdf Member Posts: 11

I've set up an invoice but it posts to the general accts receivable rather than the individual one. I have named the invoice customer the same as my individual account. How do I get the invoice to post to the individual account? Thanks
Denise

Comments

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @fischerdf , thanks for reaching out! To confirm, you're looking to ensure that the items in the invoice are associated with your desired income account? If so, you can change the income account of the items in Sales > Products & Services > click the pencil icon next to the relevant item > change the income account!

• MikegMikeg Member Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

@fischerdf,
    If I am interpreting your questions correctly, Accounts Receivable is an account that is not presented on the balance sheet in detail. So for example, Accounts Receivable - Customer 1, Accounts Receivable - Customer 2 etc. You can view individual accounts receivable by going to Reports/ Aged Receivables. You will see who owes you on the left and days outstanding on the top. Hope that helps

• SeoplannerSeoplanner Member Posts: 1

Great question, I had the same problem, and managed to solve it simply Sales> Products and Services> click the pencil icon next to the relevant item> change the income account.
    This App is very simple, it is a matter of adapting to each of the functions, I have worked with it for a long time and I do not regret having selected it among the others

• fischerdffischerdf Member Posts: 11

Thank you for your feedback, but I am looking for a balance sheet account, not an income account. As an HOA, we are required to keep a record of individual owners' receivables. I'm sure it's no different than tracking an individual customer receivables for any other business, but I can't figure out how to do it on an invoice. Can someone help? Accounts receivable is presented on the balance sheet in detail if you select the 'details' option, and that's important for us.