Editor not receiving email invite nor email copy.

TheOracl3TheOracl3 Member Posts: 1

We invited one of our employees to be an editor under our new business account, but she's no longer able to receive any emails from WaveApps.

We have an old business account that she was also an editor in, but we've already removed her access there since we're already migrating to the new one.

She's still not able to receive any email copy nor the email invite itself.

Comments

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi @TheOracl3 , thanks for your post! I removed the email addresses you wrote into your post to protect your privacy, as this is a public forum.

I can check the employee's email to see if it is deactivated from receiving emails by our server. I can see that the email address of the person you're adding as an Editor experienced a hard bounce, and so would not be able to receive any of the emails. I have reactivated their address in our server, so you should be able to re-attempt inviting them. If it still does not work, would you be able to confirm that the email address is active by reaching out to your email provider and/or logging into the email account itself? Thanks so much.

• PiConcept234PiConcept234 Member Posts: 1

@TheOracl3 we are having exactly the same issue. We invited an employee but she is not receiving invite emails, we even went as far as creating another email account just for this purpose all to no avail.

• AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @PiConcept234 , it looks like one of the users on your account is definitely receiving emails but our logs show that none of them have actually been clicked into. Please advise this user to check all inboxes (including spam/junk and any other sorted folders) that these emails may be hiding in.

• bankimbankim Member Posts: 1

Hi, I have given my accountant "Editor" access in past. She is not able to access my accounts ongoing basis. How can she get access to my accounts without sending her new invitation everytime? Please advise.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hello @bankim !

I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues when inviting your accountant. It sounds like they created a Wave account already. Are they using the same account that they used when you initially invited them to view your business? If not make sure they are doing so. Otherwise, if they sign into a different Wave account, or accidentally create a new one, they won't be able to view your business. Also, I suggest taking a look at our Help Center article the goes through the invitation process to see if any steps were missed. You can check it out here:

• BethExpHertBethExpHert Member Posts: 2

I've been trying to invite my accountant on as a user and they are not receiving the emails (they've checked junk folders). I tested it on myself with another email account and was able to get the invitation email. I double checked their email address and have removed it and re-added it and they are still not getting it. Any idea how to get around this or how to fix it?

• KiahDKiahD Administrator Posts: 267 admin

Hi @BethExpHert ,

I can see that the user has now received the invitation emails and opened them, however they have not been added as a user successfully, because the links expired.

Could you re-send the email to them one more time, and inform them to click the "Join business name" button as soon as they get the email? Then they should be able to create their Wave account and access your business as a user :smile:

edited May 27, 2021
  • BethExpHertBethExpHert Member Posts: 2

Thank you for following up. I recently discovered that it is because we are in the UK and Wave is no longer accepting new accounts from the UK, which is really disappointing.

• Adeline_Chin1Adeline_Chin1 Member Posts: 1

Hi, I sent an invite email for Editor to another work email of mine. I have checked all Junk Mail and Spam Mail folders, and it never arrived despite resending the invite multiple times. Please help.