Options

Deleting an invoice payment I recorded manually?

amy_e_brownamy_e_brown Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I just brilliantly marked the wrong invoice as paid.

I don't see the payment under Sales > Payments, so there's no way to delete it there. And I don't see a way to do it within the invoice.

Is there a way to delete the payment?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey there @amy_e_brown

When you mark an invoice as paid in your invoicing page, it creates a transaction under Accounting > transactions. Delete the invoice payment and this will make your invoice unpaid once again.

Payments under Sales > Payments are only for transactions paid for using the Wave Payments credit card and ACH processing!

Otherwise manually marked invoices should appear on the transactions page :smile:

• Options
    orienzk1_orienzk1_ Member Posts: 2

Hi @Barsin,
    I created a few invoices for past payments and marked them paid to generate receipts (is this the right way to get receipts, BTW?), knowing this would record those payments again, so I went to accounthing/transactions and deleted them hoping to rid the duplicate income (most past payments were done in a few installments so don't match the invoice amount). Of course they showed up as unpaid invoices, which I can turn a blind eye on, but the duplicate income associated with those invoices did not disappear. Any idea how to fix it? Thank you!!

edited January 4, 2022