Options

Sales Report By Product

estofferestoffer Member Posts: 2

I run a small farm. We well vegetables to individuals and restaurants. It would be helpful to have a report which shows the quantity and total dollar amount sold of each product for a given period. It is helpful for me to know how much in dollars I have sold, but some for many vegetables it is more helpful to know, say, how many pounds I have sold (especially if i could compare that to a previous period). I can't actually produce this report using the export feature as it doesn't contain the quantity.

Comments

• Options
    jrlapides2jrlapides2 Member Posts: 3

Hi:
    I don't believe you can do this inside of Wave. However here is something you might try, not sure if it will work.

There is integration between Google Sheets and Wave. It appears that you can download this info from your Wave invoices but I don't have the test data to try it out first.

Here is what you do.

1) Go to Google Drive and create a new Google Sheet.
    2) On the Google Sheet menu bar, you will see Add-ons.
    3) You will have to go through several rounds of opening Add-ons to connect to Wave using an Add-on called Wave Connect. Keep going through this until you see a Download option. Click this.
    4) Eventually, you will see a bunch of options on the right. If you look at the bottom, it will say Data to Download. Open this and you will see an option to download Invoice Data and Line Items. Do this and you may get the data you need to create the report you want.

Let me know what it looks like, I am curious if the line items are showed by column or by row. I will try to help you from there.

Jeff L

• Options
    estofferestoffer Member Posts: 2

Thank you for the response. I have used the Google Sheet Wave connect to upload invoices (which is amazingly valuable). I had not seen the Line Items option for downloading, that's buried down in the menu system.

I downloaded the invoice data to a sheet, then used a pivot table to summarize. That works like magic.

Thank you again so much for your response!!!

Eric

• Options
    jrlapides2jrlapides2 Member Posts: 3

Glad I could help.

Jeff

• Options
    CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hey @estoffer and @jrlapides2 , thanks so much for your work together on this thread! This is awesome stuff. Just wanted to quickly add our Help Centre article for tracking inventory based on monetary value in Wave as another resource for you! https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/articles/208623546-How-to-track-inventory-in-Wave