Categorizing PayPal transactions (but invoicing in a 3rd party)

raenoldraenold Member Posts: 3

Hello!

1. I have PayPal connected to Wave.
  2. I sell multiple products through ThriveCart (which is connected to PayPal). This means I do not see customer or product data in Wave. I only see PayPal transactions for the amount paid and fees taken out.

Sometimes, I have a payment of $100, but $30 is for one product and $70 is for another. Right now, I'm categorizing everything as PayPal Sales, but would like to categorize by service.

How can I go in once a month and bulk categorize everything?

Comments

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @raenold , thanks for your post! Doing bulk actions is a great way to save time on your bookkeeping! You can head to Accounting > Transactions > click the check box to the left of the transactions you want to bulk edit > click Edit at the top of the transaction table > change the category for all of them at once!

That said, it sounds like you need to split transactions, which I'm afraid can't be done in bulk. To split your income transactions into different categories, head to Accounting > Transactions > click the transaction you want to split, which will open an editing modal on the right. Near the bottom of this modal, click 'Split this deposit. Then, you can make one split be $70 to one category, and the other split $30 to another category. Click Save!