How to connect Wave to ADP (Like Bank accounts)

AcctgAcctg Member Posts: 3

Hello, we want to be able to connect Wave to ADP similar to bank accounts to read transactions and manage them, pls advise. Thanks

Comments

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @Acctg , thanks for your post! If you're an ADP user and want your ADP account to be linked directly to Wave, you'd actually need to reach out to ADP to get a rep to get Wave added to your ADP Dashboard. Then, you'll be able to click into your Wave account from your ADP dash, and the payroll transactions should integrate in that way! Reach ADP Support here: https://www.adp.com/contact-us/customer-service.aspx

• Craig_on_WaveCraig_on_Wave Member Posts: 2

Beware of one default setting when connecting Wave to ADP... The ADP integration will auto generate journal entries, and is turned on by default for ADP users who sign up through their ADP account (as I did). I thought this would be handy at first, but realized that it was 10x off (i.e. a $2,000 gross pay would post as $20,000). It took me a bit to figure out what was going on... to change the setting controlling the ADP integration, go to "Integrations" on the LH side of the screen, and find ADP in the list. Click on the Pencil icon on the RH side of the screen and there is a "Payroll importing is:" slider selector on the upper RH side of the screen. Turn off (if you no longer want this feature). You will need to go to find Journal entries that were made, and either correct (if you are getting the 10x issue I had), or delete. To find those, go to Accounting>Transactions and hit the filter icon. Select 'Journal' under 'Types'. You may also be able to find them using the word RUN or another typical keyword in their entries that is not otherwise commonly used. I hope this helps! I did bring this to the attention of an ADP rep, so hope they take it up so the error is resolved soon.

• BarsinBarsin Member, Moderator Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭

Hey @Craig_on_Wave

Thanks so much for your valued feedback and support in our community for users who may be experiencing similar issues! We greatly appreciate this post!

• bannor11bannor11 Member Posts: 1

Was the ADP integration removed? I asked my ADP admin and she said Wave is no longer an option to integrate with on ADP.

• JulianPJulianP Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

Hey @bannor11 !

Recently ADP pushed a UI (user interface) change on their end. As a result, this changed the way that Wave appears through their platform. I know you already reached out to ADP but I suggest doing so again as they should be able to point you in the right direction. I hope this helps!

edited January 26, 2021