Multi-factor authentication

bizguybizguy Member Posts: 3

It seems only password authentication is available for account access. How do I secure my wave account with multi-factor or 2-factor authentication to protect my banking info?

Comments

• CalliePCallieP Member Posts: 439 admin

Hi there @bizguy , thanks for your post! This varies account to account, but one possible workaround is to turn off MFA in your online banking when connecting (this workaround doesn't always work though). Since there are many variables on this, I would recommend submitting a request to our Support team, where a dedicated Support agent can investigate your specific account more closely with you and offer the personalized advice you need!

• bizguybizguy Member Posts: 3

What does that have to do with logging into the wave account? There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

• Martin_GMartin_G Member Posts: 1

My Wave account is connected to my bank account at Vancity and it was working fine until yesterday. Yesterday, Vancity instituted multi-factor authentication for all its online banking and at the same time the connection to Wave seems to have stopped working. (There is at least one new banking deposiit that has not been picked up by Wave.) Can this be fixed? If so, is there something that I should do to fix it or is it something that Wave is working on or is it Vancity's responsibility?

• TrudiTrudi Member Posts: 1

I'd like some info on this too. I'm trying to connect my business account to Wave and it's not sending me the approval code