Disable Tax

megh9contactmegh9contact Member Posts: 22

Hi All, over period of 2-3 years, there are so many tax created in system which are not used now. How can we disable those tax from apearing in tax list while creating invoice.

Comments

• megh9contactmegh9contact Member Posts: 22

Any comment on this would be appreciated.

• ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @megh9contact! Thanks for reaching out here. If you have those sales taxes associated with invoices in Wave, you would need to remove those taxes from the invoices before they would be able to be deleted. I would not recommend this, since changing historical invoices would prevent your books from reflecting accurately. My advice would be to leave these taxes as-is.

• megh9contactmegh9contact Member Posts: 22

I think you did not get my question. Those were valid tax earlier but now those taxes are not valid.

So we want to stop their usage now onwards.

Like in Accounts we have option to stop further usage, we want to disable these taxes effective from specific date.

• JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

@megh9contact As it turns out, Sales Taxes in Wave are currently not able to be archived or blocked from further use. I totally hear you in saying that they are taking up a lot of space, and while this doesn't stop you from using the functionality, it likely causes interruptions. Are you able to let me know which areas of Wave you notice the list being cumbersome more commonly? While this isn't something that the team is looking at addressing in the short-term, I'd love to grab some information should they look to doing some research in the future. Additionally, are you able to share the context for how you ended up with multiple sales taxes? I'm assuming these are in your local area, but understanding this, will help us to determine how frequently this happens.

If anyone else in the Community also has this issue, I'd love to hear from you with the above information as well! :)