Options

Recurring Invoice Numbers Changing with Random Invoice Addition

EwoodwardEwoodward Member Posts: 1

Everytime I do a random project invoice, my recurring invoice number changes to automatically follow the random invoice number, instead of the last recurring invoice number. This doesn't work for me because I have multiple clients, and only one client has a recurring invoice. i'm not able to adjust it prior to the upcoming recurring invoice send because it isn't created til it's sent. How can I fix this?

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ConnorMConnorM Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hey @Ewoodward!

The invoice/estimate numbering pattern will always increase from the previous sequence you set. For example, if you create an invoice or estimate (let's say 0019) and create another, the digit at the end of the sequence will increase by 1 (0020). If you add letters, the final digit will always increase by one as well (Name 0021, etc.), and letters cannot be customized (i.e. the same letters will carry over in the next invoice).

Recurring invoices will also follow the sequential order from regular invoices. If you create 5 regular invoices numbered 5-10, the next recurring invoice that generates will be invoice 11. You can edit invoice numbers by navigating to 'Sales > Invoices' and click on the invoice to edit the number in the top right corner. Recurring invoice numbers cannot be edited or customized until the invoice generates as they will automatically generate based on your sequence.

Please note: when the system generates the next invoice number, it will always take the largest number ever used in the past and increment that by one. For example, if you started with 10000, and then changed it to 0001, the next invoice number will be 10001 (and not 0002).