Payments on Hold

SystemSystem Posts: 412 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting started with Payments by Wave.

Comments

• DaniellaDaniella Member Posts: 2
    I have given all the requested documents and forms and even my customer bank sent a letter giving authorization to release my money and they want to hold it for 120 days are you kidding me I'm a small business trying to get back to my feet and they seriously want to hold it for 120 days then it's not true getting paid faster and easier I am going to lose my business

We have emailed sent over authorization form for payment the bank even sent over authorization of payment and said there will be no disputs or charge backs and they don't want to do so I feel like there trying to keep my money this was a big mistake
    edited August 19, 2020
  • JordanDJordanD Member Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi @Daniella. I understand that hearing that your payment will be on hold for 120 days is extremely frustrating and puts your business in a financial hold. Wave moves funds on behalf of businesses and as such we must verify transactions and businesses frequently to ensure that both Wave and your business are kept safe from harmful transactions. In certain industries are in cases where chargebacks are frequent, holds ensure that if the payments are charged back by the customer, there are funds to cover that charge back. Outside of this, Wavers may end up going into overdraft which also causes additional hardship. I have ensured that our Risk Team knows that you have reached out here with your concerns, and I can see that they have sent you a reply earlier today. At this point, communicating with them through the email will be the best way to resolve the issue and given your concerns, they will be the best people to speak to your situation specifically. I understand that the situation is not ideal, and know that our goal is to help keep both your business and ours protected. Should you need more information or want to speak to someone on the phone, you can always request that in the email thread that you have with our Risk Team.

• DaniellaDaniella Member Posts: 2
    It states that if I give all info and show that the customer gave authorization funds would be released I have given them more then enough not only from me but from my customer and my customer bank