Options

How do you issue a credit note

Martina_CommsMartina_Comms Member Posts: 10

I need help with this.... I messed up an invoice and it's easier issue a credit note and send a new invoice. How do I issue a credit please?

Comments

• Options
    AlexLAlexL Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Hey @Martina_Comms , credit notes are not currently supported within the software. In the meantime, you can add a new line item to the invoice in a negative amount to represent the credited amount. For example: "Credit Note / $-100".

• Options
    AMStudioAMStudio Member Posts: 7

And then you'll be stuck with that line item for the remainder of your time using Wave. You won't be able to delete it because it'll be attached to that invoice. You won't be able to delete that invoice because it'll have been paid through Wave.

This is the worst work around ever.

Why Wave doesn't just add a "convert payment to credit" option when deleting an invoice is beyond me. It's the obvious choice for anyone who's even briefly acquainted with accounting.

• Options
    Martina_CommsMartina_Comms Member Posts: 10

I think I'm going to migrate to another system.... I'm kind of tired of all the things Wave won't do....

• Options
    RobinVRobinV Member Posts: 2

To be fair, for audit purposes , you shouldn't use your main bank account in Wave for credit adjustments as they are not legitimate bank transactions, there you should set up a separate "bank account" in Wave as a credit adjustment account, and when you are raising your invoice (credit note) use that "bank account" for credit notes, just be aware that you will have to also use that "bank account" in Wave to make a payment instead of applying the credit note (since applications are not applicable for credit adjustments in Wave yet)